When to get strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am familiar with land photography, know that a strobe/flash is important, just right now im not looking for anything other than personal photo's underwater so quality im not too concerned with but would like them to be decent and since cash is slightly tight im holding off on the strobe for a month or 2 and just messing with the cam till then to get an idea of different settings to tweek the images. Also when i do get the strobe, i know im not going to want it on all the time because i dont like extra stuff with me underwater so i guess i gotta kinda experiment and learn what my depth tolerances are for supplimental lighting

In this case I recommend you get a camera with manual white balance, manual settings (aperture and shutter speed) as well as select a housing that does take lens
A canon powershot A570 with Canon housing fits the bill or any equivalent from other brands with similar settings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom