When to replace Analox O2EII sensor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDL_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had my Analox O2EII for about 4 years. I have the saver plug on when not in use. It gets used about 25 days a year. Still can make adjustment to 21 percent when testing air and can still dial it up 26.5. How do i know when it is time to replace. When i can no longer calibrate to 21?

Who makes a good replacement?

Can I get another trip out of it in 2 weeks or should I replace just based on age?

Thanks,

Al

When the sensor gets close to the end of its life you will notice it takes longer than a few seconds to get to 21%. I replaced mine recently and was amazed at how fast it is supposed to work. My sensor was five years old, I never used the saver plug and used the sensor on over 200 tanks per year.

.....Who makes a good replacement?

I've had my O2EII for over a decade and used both aftermarket O2 replacements and Analox replacements and it's stored in pelican case. There usually is a difference of $30 - $50 in price. The Analox has a unique permiable moisture membrane that the aftermarket ones lack. That special membrane is key. I'll get 2 years from the aftermarket but I get 4 years on the Analox brand. When the sensor quits, there isn't much warning and I really need mine diving about 120 to 150 tanks a year. Your mileage may vary with different use and only authorized dealers can get the Analox original sensors even though many copy the same part number, but I only buy the Analox brand. I have no affiliation with them and nothing to gain, but it really ticks me off when I only get 2 years from the sensor just to save $30. Write the date you installed it with a marker on the side of your sensor too.

Thanks to all,

On reflection my sensor is at least 4.5 years old so I decided to just purchase a OEM replacement sensor and just replace it. May have lasted another six months or six dives. Figure replace and not think about it for the next 4 years, fingers crossed.
Good idea about putting a date on it when the new one goes in.

al

check the milli vots or use an o2 pressure pot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom