When you going Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you get to California (we will let in you guys from down under but not vice versa I suspect) we can take you diving in LA, cold but fun.
Bill

Dived the exHMAS Brisbane last week, it has been 15 years since I last dived it [when it first sank] , plenty of marine life now.
Two dives on EAN 32% 27.5M 41Min, 1hour 15 surface [only 3 of us out of 12 on Nitrox], 25M 40min, vis OK at 8m,[ it was better vis yesterday and you could hear the whales singing going south Blah blah etc:facepalm:, it is ALWAYS better the day before], good fun though watching the young dudes fining all over the wreck and sucking gas at an amazing rate.
Youth is wasted on the young.:thumb:

If you get to California (we will let in you guys from down under but not vice versa I suspect) we can take you diving in LA, cold but fun.
Bill
Would love to dive there, thanks.
Not going to happen for awhile .

Bill
I went diving at Catalina Island back in August 2018. I had a work trip which coincided with a Bluewater-Photo organised trip out to Catalina. Did 3 dives that day and water temp varied from 16 - 20°C, some fun things to see out there.
For some reason though it proved difficult to find someone to rent a tank & weights from - I was told it was a SoCal "thing". Someone from Bluewater ended up lending me a tank and weights. Would recommend it if you're in LA for some reason.

Fighting Garabaldi:
FightingGarabaldi.jpg

Dived the exHMAS Brisbane last week, it has been 15 years since I last dived it [when it first sank] , plenty of marine life now.
Two dives on EAN 32% 27.5M 41Min, 1hour 15 surface [only 3 of us out of 12 on Nitrox], 25M 40min, vis OK at 8m,[ it was better vis yesterday and you could hear the whales singing going south Blah blah etc:facepalm:, it is ALWAYS better the day before], good fun though watching the young dudes fining all over the wreck and sucking gas at an amazing rate.
Youth is wasted on the young.:thumb:
Thanks to Dan the man stuffing up hotel quarantine us poor Victorians do not even have the option of shore diving

Nice Garibaldi shot Chris. Catalina lately has been relatively warm (18C) but last weekend in Palos Verdes was chilly (11C).

us poor Victorians do not even have the option of shore diving
And you do have some good shore dives I remember, I did not feel the cold as much in those days [70ies and 80ies].
Can't dive this week, having repairs done to 2 of my wetsuits, BUT next week booked on couple of boat dives [on EAN32%] 28m to 25m and 18m to 25m.
As a side note: Have you noticed the price of Nitrox fills ?:diver1:How much do you pay down south?
Fill between 0 and 200 BAR $20
Fill between 30 and 200 BAR $18
Fill between 30 and 300 bar $30

Here in Southern California a HP 100 fill at 240 bar is $12 but you can get 10 for $100. I am surprised that Chris couldn't get tanks and weights here in LA, we have tons of dive shops renting stuff out but Bluewater is a photo gear and travel only shop; they don't rent dive gear.
Bill

Full list:
18L – Fill between 30 and 200 BAR
32% NITROX FILLS – 15/18 LITRE
RRP
15L – Fill between 0 and 200 BAR $22
15L – Fill between 30 and 200 BAR $20
18L – Fill between 0 and 200 BAR $24

Full list:
18L – Fill between 30 and 200 BAR
32% NITROX FILLS – 15/18 LITRE
RRP
15L – Fill between 0 and 200 BAR $22
15L – Fill between 30 and 200 BAR $20
18L – Fill between 0 and 200 BAR $24
Gee that makes our club membership look cheap, $100 a year and as many 32% fills as we want :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom