When you going Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David: Life is meant to be lived and not locked away waiting for a vaccine to become available.
Social distancing and masks if you are up for that will cover most of the problem?
Common sense will do almost as much as locking people away, even if you disregard the psychological damage done to some people.

I did more dives this Summer than on any other since I started diving, with a combination of masks and social distancing.

The problem is everyone is tired already, so a significant proportion of the population does not follow those basic rules. The result is quite visible.

Trying to fix the current COVID situation in Europe with just that is equivalent to trying to fix the Titanic with tape.

Common sense will do almost as much as locking people away, even if you disregard the psychological damage done to some people.
Trying to fix the current COVID situation in Europe with just that is equivalent to trying to fix the Titanic with tape.
With over 70 years on this earth it has been my observation Common sense is not very common.
The lock down in Australia is working, because of tough choices, good luck trusting some of the idiots out there to do the right thing, "some mugs can not be nursed". Good luck, you will need it!

David and P-head. The idea that people will do anything against their own best interest is an interesting oddity particularly in Australia where we do nothing unless it is a law. Yet we are so compliant...Odd to say the least.
David - where in Europe has this been attempted? Sweden? Everywhere else has a lock away strategy. Now I understand that for old people but not for the young and certainly not for those going to school.
If your understanding is that this is deadly to all humans on Earth then I will think you are a bit unhinged.
No disease will kill more than 85% of it hosts and this one is far less important than the Spanish Flu which killed my fathers 12 year old sister and many millions of others without discrimination.

It is not death that cripples us - it is the fear of death.
I have noted PH's tagline at the bottom of his post.

David and P-head. The idea that people will do anything against their own best interest is an interesting oddity particularly in Australia where we do nothing unless it is a law. Yet we are so compliant...Odd to say the least.

There is a significant proportion of the Portuguese population that will not do what is required even if it is a law. You do not need more than 10 minutes on the street nowadays to observe that.

I hardly believe that just happens in Portugal (even assuming the more "relaxed" atitude of Southern Europe :D ).

David - where in Europe has this been attempted? Sweden? Everywhere else has a lock away strategy. Now I understand that for old people but not for the young and certainly not for those going to school.

Portugal had two months of "lock away strategy": March and April. This is also true for Europe in general until recently when the situation got out of control and there was no other option. Sweden tried to do it but is now converging with the rest of Europe in terms of policy.

If your understanding is that this is deadly to all humans on Earth then I will think you are a bit unhinged.
No disease will kill more than 85% of it hosts and this one is far less important than the Spanish Flu which killed my fathers 12 year old sister and many millions of others without discrimination.

I am pretty sure that I made it clear that I do not find it "deadly to all humans on Earth". I just do not see the world in black and white. There is a large grey area between death and healthy after COVID.

There is a large grey area between death and healthy after COVID
Reading reports from the USA and Europe on damage to heart and lungs [sometimes both and other problems] from people who have recovered from Covid 19 and what they can't do now is an 'eye opener ', young people ,the so called survivors, one of the many things was scuba diving .
I am still diving, 2 dives yesterday and wish to do more before I 'croak it'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom