When you think you've seen it all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubad

Registered
Reaction score
On an island on the Great Barrier Reef Qld
Along comes someone else to astonish you.
I saw a diver who descended to fifteen metres before realizing that their watch wasn't waterproof.
They took off the watch, put it in their mouth and continued the dive for forty minutes.
And yes the watch survived.
What is the most ridiculous thing you've ever done or seen a diver do?
D

I have seen some wild things but I think the one that tops it is when a father and son arrived at the resort. The kid must have been 16 or maybe 17. Both obnoctious and the old men filthy rich, but cheap on tipping. Anyway, I was hanging at 15-18 ft or so. The father son team going down the line. The kid is having ear problems, I could see the signals. The old man is flairing his arms telling the kid to hurry up. The kid wants to go up. The old men grabs the kid and starts pulling him down. The kid takes a swing at the old men. Now they'r in a fist fight underwater. The kid's mask flies off and the kid bolts for the surface. The old men starts going down by himself. One of the instructors who had his guided group swims up to the old men and points him to go up. After some exchange of hand signals, some in the book and some not, the old men goes to the top. Topside I don't think a moment went by that they didn't argue. That went on for a week their whole stay.
That happen a number of years ago when solo diving was an absolute no-no.
What a riot!!!!

I was finishing my dive doing a hang watching the bottom below. At about 30 ft a brand new instructor doing his very first open water checkout dive with his students sattled nicely on a sandy bottom. All of a suddent all four students go in to panic. The instructor is trying to control the group. They keep pointing taward the instructors back. As he turns there is a minimum 12 ft hammer head sitting couple feet behind the instructor. The instructor splits for the top leaving his students behind. The shark swims off as I go down to collect the students. That was the first and last class for him. Worked in the dive shop for a year and left for home.
This is a true and in a way a funny story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom