When your buddy loves you ... Or NOT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEP SEA

Contributor
Reaction score
How can you tell when your buddy loves you?

One of my dive buddies just completely rebuilt my MK-15 rebreather. He put all new electronics that will allow me to do all kinds of neat things like; change my settings from .7 to 1.0 to 1.3 on the fly. Digital read out of all sensors with individual data, etc. It really is cool. However, he won’t show me how the new system works until I take a Nitrox class! ;-0

Maybe you have some tales about your GOOOOD dive buddy looking out for you?

Deep Sea

You can't all make me believe that Everyone here has always been the GOOD dive buddy and their humility prevents them from posting about themself... But I have one for you all with a bit of a twist!

I just cant help it ... So I'll tell ya one ...

*Ding-Dong* .... Ah, that must be the Fed-Ex guy ...

"Yes, that's me, which line do I sign on? .. ah ok .... There you go and no, Thank You .... "

Alright! that video I've been waiting for from OTS just got here and I've been semi-patiently awaiting its arrival.
*Press Play*
Simply amazing as usual ... If you haven't used a Aga FFM (full face mask) before you just don't know what you're missing. And if you ever do Underwater Video and you aren't using communications gear then it's your viewers I'm afraid that are sadly missing out. I don't care how you feel about shark feeding there is something about watching it that is simply Awe-Inspiring. Awkward and Clumsy human beings interacting with Highly efficient, streamlined Carnivorous rulers of their domain, sharks!

*smack*
What was that?
*smack*
There it was again ...
*smack* ... *smack*
What the heck?!?

It looks like those sharks keep smacking Mike Pelissier in the back of his head! Wait! They are like ... charging the back of his head!!
This I just have to find out about!

*Phones the Shark Kisser himself*

To shorten up the story, guess what his Wonderful buddies had done?

While he was busy filming, they had tied one of the dead fish (bait) to the top of his First Stage!! Mike had become the [red]Human Fork[/red]! The sharks were trying to feed off his head!!

(...and he wonders why I have turned down any offers to go diving since I heard about this ... hehe ... )

Lets just hope that wasn't the same buddy that *loves* him so much that they rebuilt his MK-15 rebreather!!!

My buddy/Instructor/Fiancee *loved* me so much he sold me a dive computer that not only is a pile of....but also sold it to me minus a manual! So, it now sits happily in the side pocket of my dive-bag !!!

Well he has to do something!

He has to prepare himself for the impact of going from "Fiancee" to "Financer" ... LOL

Originally posted by ScubaBaby
My buddy/Instructor/Fiancee *loved* me so much he sold me a dive computer that not only is a pile of....but also sold it to me minus a manual! So, it now sits happily in the side pocket of my dive-bag !!!

But of course that was before he fell in love with you and asked you to be his wife. Once he got his thinking straightened out all was well...

And this could work to your advantage....

S- "Belushi Dear, remember that piece of crap dive computer you sold me before I became your loving and wonderful wife?"

B- "Yes, and I already said I was sorry"

S- "Well I didn't accept your apology so just to let you know we are all even now..."

B - "What to do you mean by even?"

S - "Well you know that dry suit I have been wanting? I think it is here, the doorbell is ringing, can you go sign the credit slip. I just KNEW you'd understand...."

If we were I am sure it is for completely different reasons ...

If you were to scan the page (or just the post before this one) first before really reading syruss32's post as I usually do, one thing starts to stand out ...

S ... uper

B ...
S ...

B ...
S ...

syruss32, do you think you scared Belushi into getting a pre-nup now that excludes "Dry-Suits" only?

LOL

I hope your buddy who redid your MK-15 rebreather didn't have a clandestine meeting with your spouse. hehe.

A prenup including dive gear hmmmmmmm, I guess this is the same in a divorce decree ?? She gets any thing she wants but not my dive gear...

Butch :peace:

Originally posted by Butch103
... A prenup including dive gear hmmmmmmm, I guess this is the same in a divorice decree ?? She gets any thing she wants but not my dive gear.............

just to paraphrase he gets... but not my dive gear. that works for me:D

There is always a spouse that has no Idea what the stuff is or how much it cost, so you get it at a bargin price at a rummage sale.

I am not paying for my dive gear twice, no way no how. hehe... and yes you are right. I have a buddy who bought a whole kit, two tanks, suit etc., everything for $500.00 CDN, because of a divorce.

Great deal for him.

Butch :peace:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom