Where Are You Diving This Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xyrandomyx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's getting to summer in Cape Town. The south-easter's picking up and the swell is coming from a southerly direction. That means diving on the Atlantic side of the Peninsula. Which, for me, means no diving until I have a drysuit. I just can't handle that cold in a wetsuit. It shouldn't be too much longer until I organise one.

Where is everyone else diving in South Africa this weekend?

Well, us guys stationed in Pretoria normally dive in and around Gauteng either at Miracle waters - quarry near Brits , Bass lake -quarry near Vereeniging , Marico Oog or Badgat - near Badplaas. That is on a regular monthly basis to keep our heads cool . But when we get enough time off and mates worked up , we go to Mozambique . There, we dive non stop, for as many days we are staying there.
So , we dove Miracle last week - coldish dive 18 Celsius to 20 -25 meters. Not close to sea diving but at least we keep the heads in the motion of regular diving.

Marico Oog actually seems really nice from the description and pictures I've seen. Though I imagine it only takes one buoyancy 'oops' to reduce the vis to almost nothing. But it must be tough living so far from the ocean, except when you manage to get away to Mozambique. The water on the Atlantic side of the Cape Peninsula was about 12 degrees on Sunday -- warmer than expected.

Back
Top Bottom