Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think it'd be fun to stick it in the sand somewhere on the beach, and then have a scavenger hunt after the dive.

I have a truck and Dive in a front entry dry suit. So i dont need to get in to the cab quickly but the key is easy to get to in my Dry suit just by opening the zipper a lil bit and reaching into the pocket. I love my truck its such a great dive mobile!

I know a few people that have signed up satellite tracking and remote vehicle control services for security reasons - so they just need a cell-phone and a password to unlock their cars. :wink:

But then again at the car-show recently there were cars that had Bluetooth controlled locks so they just need a Bluetooth enabled phone.

So - the question now is, where do you stick your phone? :wink:
No rude answers please.

I have a computer chip key. I went to a regular locksmith. Had 3 copies made. I have one attached to a boltsnap with cave-line and I keep it attached to a bungie loop in my pocket. I have another in my wetsuit pocket that I just leave there. I then lock my whole original keyset in the truck.

Mark

NetDoc:
You know SeaJay,

I almost bought a Ford for the exact same reason! That is a great feature and I wish more manufacturers offered it. However, I decided to not go in debt and bought a used Isuzu instead.

LOL! You mean you don't live in Detroit? The local club I belong to is part of FERA (Ford Employee Recreation Association), The Ford Sea Lancers. Probably 50% of the divers at any outing have the electronic keypad. & those that don't (i.e. ME!) put our keys in their vehicles.

If I'm diving and there isn't someone with an electronic keypad, I hide my key somewhere on / under a buddy's vehicle. That way, if the key is found the perpetrator will be trying to open the wrong vehicle with my key.

Paula

Are you serious? You want to know where we leave our keys?
Do you want our address also? LOL

Clip mine to my safety sausage in my BC pocket.

As Simon says: Wash it off with fresh water if you dive salt water.

Dive safely

Joe :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom