Where Brooklyn at?! over here, hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chubadoodman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Wassup everyone!

First off, I want to thank everyone on SB for all the advice, knowledge, and entertaining conversations that I have gleaned over the past few months. I have learned so much on here that it has fueled my curiosity and passion even more. With all the time I spent reading your posts (mostly during work hours...), it seems like I am starting to get to know some of you...in a very one sided way. I thought it was about time to change that and join in on the conversations. That being said -

I am from Brooklyn, NY and received my open water through PADI in October with about 30 dives so far, most of them on a one week trip to Cebu and Bohol back in November. I am currently taking Ed Hayes' Core class out in Connecticut which has been an awesome and eye-opening experience. Next step, AOW with Ed then GUE fundies with the Bob Sherwood. Thanks for tuning in and looking forward to our discussions!

-brian
chuba.dude.man

Welcome! Now we need to get you out of that northeast water and into some awesome florida diving!

I'm a former Brooklyn guy myself. So is the owner of the shop I work with. I don't miss it :)

Lot of great memories of Brooklyn, and restaurants! I wonder if you can shore Dive out of Seagate off Coney Island? I lived there briefly.

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida......

Welcome! I used to live in Brooklyn & now live in Manhattan. There are so many divers in nyc & so many clubs/shops. I think it surprises a lot of people.

Are you going to the big dive expo here? Beneath the Sea

Welcome from Nova Scotia from a native of good old Yonkers.

Welcome and good for you diving into GUE! I'm an UWS NYC myself.

Welcome and good for you diving into GUE! I'm an UWS NYC myself.

Hey neighbor! I'm in Hell's Kitchen on 57th. Small diving world. I wonder how many of us know each other by face or just wandering around local dive shops or clubs...& have no idea it's the other person. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom