Where can I download a prior version of Shearwater Cloud?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI, I have been in contact now with Shearwater support via email back and forth for 2 days and it is still not working even though a single file shared via dropbox would fix me in 5 seconds.
Why are you so sure this will fix it? I'm betting on Shearwater as knowing more about it.

Why are you so sure this will fix it? I'm betting on Shearwater as knowing more about it.

Because the old app was working before I installed the update? Unless the update physically damaged my Mac the old app would still work if I had it installed.

Because the old app was working before I installed the update? Unless the update physically damaged my Mac the old app would still work if I had it installed.
No Mac updates involved?

Have you tried the Wayback machine?

Ask me why I don't use any cloud services, either for my job, PCs or diving equipment.
What can go wrong - will go wrong, at the worst possible time.

Michael

Ask me why I don't use any cloud services, either for my job, PCs or diving equipment.
What can go wrong - will go wrong, at the worst possible time.

Michael
The cloud in this app is used for data storage only, and that part of it is working fine. The app is a standard desktop app and I updated it voluntarily. I just should have backed up the old version before I did so.

Have you tried the Wayback machine?

Your comment gave me an idea... When you download the current version from the website, the URL for the link is:

www.shearwater.com/wp-content/downloads/ShearwaterCloudInstaller_2.5.11.dmg

On a hunch I just manually typed into the browser:

www.shearwater.com/wp-content/downloads/ShearwaterCloudInstaller_2.5.10.dmg

The file downloaded, the application connects to the Teric and my dives are downloading!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Your comment gave me an idea... When you download the current version from the website, the URL for the link is:

www.shearwater.com/wp-content/downloads/ShearwaterCloudInstaller_2.5.11.dmg

On a hunch I just manually typed into the browser:

www.shearwater.com/wp-content/downloads/ShearwaterCloudInstaller_2.5.10.dmg

The file downloaded, the application connects to the Teric and my dives are downloading!

Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks for this... 2.5.12 also doesn't work on a Mac.

Shearwater make awesome dive computer but their Mac programs are pretty poor. Shearwater Cloud has never worked properly for me.

Thanks for this... 2.5.12 also doesn't work on a Mac.

Shearwater make awesome dive computer but their Mac programs are pretty poor. Shearwater Cloud has never worked properly for me.
Yeah. Second the thanks, Cavesloth.

I downloaded some new dives, and wanted to make sure they showed up on SW Cloud desktop. When I opened SWC, it prompted me to update, so i did. Then, nothing worked. Clicking did nothing.

I remembered reading Cavesloths comments and was able to downgrade from 2.5.12 to 2.5.11 which worked fine. Mac is currently running High Sierra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom