Where can I find Kids Vintage Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calsouth

New
Reaction score
When I was 10yrs old (I’m 14 now) I got vintage smoothskin beavertail wetsuit from my grandad as a gift because he used to be a scuba diver.
It lasted me until I was 13 surprisingly, mainly because I haven’t grown so much but the beavertail was getting to tight for comfort and he suit was harder to put on.

Anyways, I stopped using that suit around 8 months ago and now I’m looking for a new one.

I’m looking for a vintage smoothskin beaver tail (like before) that can fit me, I’m 5’3, 14yrs old, and I weigh about 110lbs.

If anyone knows where I can find one, that would be amazing!

Thanks.

Fox

Hi Fox,
You might have to order a new one.
JMJ Wetsuits in Southern California actually has a vintage smooth skin beaver tail replica that they market to surfers, but I’ve heard a handful of vintage divers have discovered them and use those suits.
They are about the most identical cut and look you will find.
Smoothie Beavertail Jacket - JMJ Wetsuits
The other suit maker that can make you a vintage style suit is M&B Wetsuits in Long Beach, exact same patterns used since 1960, but the smooth skin outer might be an issue with them. They do have the stainless twist locks and full wide beavertail.

Last edited:
When I was 10yrs old (I’m 14 now) I got vintage smoothskin beavertail wetsuit from my grandad as a gift because he used to be a scuba diver.
It lasted me until I was 13 surprisingly, mainly because I haven’t grown so much but the beavertail was getting to tight for comfort and he suit was harder to put on.

Anyways, I stopped using that suit around 8 months ago and now I’m looking for a new one.

I’m looking for a vintage smoothskin beaver tail (like before) that can fit me, I’m 5’3, 14yrs old, and I weigh about 110lbs.

If anyone knows where I can find one, that would be amazing!

Thanks.

Fox

There are vintage wetsuits for sale all the time on ebay.Most are small or mediums.Check out the seller motorhead14.He has one.

If you are looking for a suit with a beaver tail closure for a child, check this out.

my2y3drc-2-jpg.437664.jpg

Youth 3D Reef Camo 2-Piece Open Cell Wetsuit | MAKO Spearguns

Back
Top Bottom