Where can I find the front zip version of Flexa 8.6.5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would like to buy the front zip version of the Flexa to replace the back zip version I have that's starting to wear out. Can someone help me with this?

I would like to buy the front zip version of the Flexa to replace the back zip version I have that's starting to wear out. Can someone help me with this?

I could be totally wrong here, but I don't think Mares offers frontzip Flexa's in the USA......even though their catalogs show it. Zak may want to chim in but I buy a lot of Mares stuff and I've never seen one locally at my LDS and they tell me they can't get them in.

Hey guys,
This is true for the most part. Historically the front zip wetsuits do not sell nearly as well as the back zip in the U.S. Therefore we have opted to create our own production of backzips to be relevant in the neoprene category. Having said that, we are now bringing in the front zip in womens suits, so they are now available. While I don't think this helps you immediately it's a start. Also, almost anything from the catalog / website that we do not normally inventory, can be ordered from Italy by us. Historically we tried not to do this, as it seemed to create confusion, time delays, and mistakes were made. However, we are offering this as a service and will do our best to perform well. The downside is particularly in the neoprene category, the suits wont fit exactly like our U.S. suits. Reason being, we have our own pattern for the U.S. market. On average the European body shape is different than the average U.S. body shape. So they are a little shorter and skinnier. Good news is, the current quality of neoprene is so good, it mostly makes up the difference and isn't as big of an issue as it used to be.

Now, having said all of that, if you still want to order a front zip suit, please have the dealer get into contact with their regional sales manager (in your case me :) ). If the suit is in stock in Italy, lead time is approximately 30-60 days before we will have it in stock. If they are not in stock, it could be much longer, as we would be waiting for a production run, shipping, etc. and it could be closer to 180 days.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Zak

Hi Jak,
This is as close as I can get with a description. EU suits don't go to 3xl. Also note: there is no returning on special orders. While I don't like to discourage sales, this may be one time where it's not advisable. If you are willing to risk it, then again, please work with a local dealer. The closest Mares dealer to you is Dive and Trips in pleasanton. Ask for Gene.

*These size charts are intended as a general guideline only, and for a true fit a sales person should fit each consumer individually
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]SPEARFISHING [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]MARES WET SUIT SIZE CHART
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]USA

SIZE
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]EURO

SIZE
[/FONT]