where can I get a new CPR/Oxygen administration/AED/First Aid certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lordhelmet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My CPR certification for my rescue diver expired this winter and I would like to get it renewed. Where is the best place you guys would recommend for re certification?

thanks

My CPR certification for my rescue diver expired this winter and I would like to get it renewed. Where is the best place you guys would recommend for re certification?

thanks

You might check with your local Red Cross Chapter.

Actually, you are much better off with either the Red Cross or American Heart courses. The DAN course, while a nice primer, is not a recognized CPR course anywhere outside of DAN. Their newer Course, CPR for Healthcare Professionals Meets the guidelines for AHA and ILCOR 2010, but is somewhat (arguably) restricted in who it can be provided to.

First aid, CPR and AED should be offered at the local hospital, park district or LDS. Should only be $40-50. Dive shops will be more expensive but usually focus more on dive injuries. In THe US at least in IL all teachers, coaches need it so often the sports medicine staff are instructors. Red Cross and American heart cover o2 but it is not an o2 certification. It is seperate course. For this check DAN for courses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom