Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to Svestad Brygge near Nesodden in the Oslofjord, Norway. Had to use our tanks to 'jump' a hole in the ice. Line with glosticks placed periodically provided a path from open water to the hole. My buddy was testing his new Twin18L, and I was sporting my new ubergorgeous twin 8,5L. Alternative routes to get out of the water were planned, in addition to doubles and triples of all essential gear. We both had two main and two spare lights. Temperature in the air -10C, surface 0C and 7C at 28m. 48min dive with 5finger wetgloves. Photo: T. A. Larsen ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358396115.509889.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358396406.323072.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358396420.426696.jpg

I did two dives at Long Beach, Simon's Town, Cape Town today. The second was my 50th, but it feels like a bit of a cheat -- the dive was only a bit longer than 20 minutes. I'd originally planned to do my 50th dive tomorrow, but ended up hopping in for a second dive today after coming up from the first with loads of air. The second dive was cut short when my buddy noticed his camera housing had a leak.

Anyway, dive number 51 is still on for tomorrow and, if the weather forecast is correct, it should be really good.

I dove Marine Room in San Diego. Almost no surf, viz was ~25' and water temp 56F - pretty good conditions. More fish than usual including a large Sea Turtle.

52min in a quarry in Mannheim, Germany. Water 4°C, air about 2°C. Viz not great, but OK. One sleeping fish, one crawdad (zumindest sagt LEO das zu Flusskrebs :) )

Martini Cove, San Carlos, Mexico. Small craft warning, so we pulled into the cove. Stayed in the shallow end to fam with some new gear before Bonaire... 11 days and a wake up! Water is 61F here, 82F in Bonaire, can hardly wait to lose the neoprene. But for added dramatic effect, I get to spend the week before Bonaire in St Paul. No chainsaws in my dive bag, so I won't be doing any diving.

Sat. was a charter out of Pensacola, FL--2 100'+ dives which yielded some excellent shells for the collection. Water temp. 61F at depth. Today the Intracoastal Waterway and Choctawatchee Bay near Fort Walton Beach, FL. Not as productive, but quite OK. Water temp. 55F at 18 fsw. That one a little chilly on the legs without my 7 mil bottoms.

Three dives today (San Diego) 1) Yukon - about 30' viz but cold at 48 degrees, max depth 100' 2) Main Wall - great dive, deep crevasses with lots of life, 53 degrees at 100'; 30' viz 3) The Pinnacle - lots of boulders and pinnacles (of course); good viz and 51 degrees; max depth 80'. Kind of cloudy today but overall good conditions for diving.

Back
Top Bottom