• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Where did you dive today?

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by El Orans, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Wow.....what a DB

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Wow that is impressive. I only have 20 or so dives on the Niagara II but none of them were like that. I would agree that you very lucky to have seen that first hand.

Today I dove Cedar Hill outside of Wiarton. 39° with very minor surface chop. Almost no current to speak of and visibility like I do not recall ever seeing. Nothing like yours on the Niagara II but I would estimate it at 50-60 feet. In the shallows, with the sun beaming in and the sandy bottom, were it not for the fact that the ice cream headache was taking over my body, I would have sworn I was in the tropics. Just an awesome dive......first one since about mid-December IIRC. Once on the surface I realized that I did not have a second dive in me.....too bad but the temperature of the air was not enough to warm me up between dives.

2. NYCDiverBlue

NYCDiverBlue Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99

@Pitchblack

Yours is the only post on Smogen on scuba board. I will try to do some shore snorkeling or rent gear tomorrow at there Scuba Week which is part of their Maritime Week on the west coast. You can read more about it here. I was going to go explore Lysekil for the fjord but they have this special event in Smogen so I will go there. Also Lysekil has a small dive museum which is part of the Skandi museum.

Aktiviteter på Smögen - Västerhavsveckan

3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    CC45-C488-F37-F-4-C90-A277-6-C04852-B2107.jpg

Something is nibbling at my fin ...

52-F07485-B8-A2-4-EC0-A629-B7-D2-E76-F5166.jpg

Diving at Lundy in the UK. The local seals like to play hide and seek with the scuba divers and nibble at fins.

Disclaimer: pictures were taken by my dive buddy

4. TMHeimer

TMHeimer Divemaster

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Recently? Well, Montauk, L.I., NY to explore the Culloden Wreck from the Revolutionary War. Drove the usual length of L.I. after satellite imaging the route to the site and found a GATE preventing us from locating to the beach. NO BIG SURPRISE. Welcome once again to Long Island. And again the LI, NY, NJ Shore Guide of no use. Fortunately we dived Port Pond Bay again, which STILL is OPEN and FREE.