Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the weather gods and goddesses of the deep waters did respond. We dived on the wreck of the Niagara 2 near Tobermory. The water was like glass. My buddy, who has done this wreck over 400 times, said he'd never seen these conditions: clear water, flat as a pancake water, and no other divers to muck up the viz.
From the dive boat, you could see down to the bottom at 90 ft. The deck of the Niagara is a 70 ft and the smokestack is at 55 ft.

From the bottom, at 90 ft, I looked up and could see the name on the bow and stern of the dive boat, Bruce Isles. The captain said she could see us putting the lift bag on the mooring line clear as day.

37F Degrees water temp. I feel lucky to have seen something I will remember for the rest of my lifeView attachment 154043View attachment 154044View attachment 154045.

Wow that is impressive. I only have 20 or so dives on the Niagara II but none of them were like that. I would agree that you very lucky to have seen that first hand.

Today I dove Cedar Hill outside of Wiarton. 39° with very minor surface chop. Almost no current to speak of and visibility like I do not recall ever seeing. Nothing like yours on the Niagara II but I would estimate it at 50-60 feet. In the shallows, with the sun beaming in and the sandy bottom, were it not for the fact that the ice cream headache was taking over my body, I would have sworn I was in the tropics. Just an awesome dive......first one since about mid-December IIRC. Once on the surface I realized that I did not have a second dive in me.....too bad but the temperature of the air was not enough to warm me up between dives.

5 Dives this weekend, all in Smögen, near Gothenburg, Sweden.

All more or less wall dives, wonderfull, lobsters and nudies...LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!

Edit: We did 4 boat-dives arranged by my LDS and hired boatstaff from KON-TIKI, Smögen. It's too easy diving from a boat...Especially when you'r doing one way wall dives or drift dives call it what you want. Just to deploy the smb on the safetystop and pick-up is on it's way...Lovely.

@Pitchblack

Yours is the only post on Smogen on scuba board. I will try to do some shore snorkeling or rent gear tomorrow at there Scuba Week which is part of their Maritime Week on the west coast. You can read more about it here. I was going to go explore Lysekil for the fjord but they have this special event in Smogen so I will go there. Also Lysekil has a small dive museum which is part of the Skandi museum.

Aktiviteter på Smögen - Västerhavsveckan

CC45-C488-F37-F-4-C90-A277-6-C04852-B2107.jpg

Something is nibbling at my fin ...

52-F07485-B8-A2-4-EC0-A629-B7-D2-E76-F5166.jpg

Diving at Lundy in the UK. The local seals like to play hide and seek with the scuba divers and nibble at fins.

Disclaimer: pictures were taken by my dive buddy

Recently? Well, Montauk, L.I., NY to explore the Culloden Wreck from the Revolutionary War. Drove the usual length of L.I. after satellite imaging the route to the site and found a GATE preventing us from locating to the beach. NO BIG SURPRISE. Welcome once again to Long Island. And again the LI, NY, NJ Shore Guide of no use. Fortunately we dived Port Pond Bay again, which STILL is OPEN and FREE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom