Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humber Bay, Lake Ontario, Toronto's local dive spot. Beautiful sunny day, water temp 37 degrees F, 27 min, 32 ft..........5 ft viz with lots of swimming Canada geese and ducks.

Not the most exciting dive I've ever done, but I was in Tobermory last weekend to close up my place for the winter. It was cold and snowing, and no one was around. I still had about a 1/2 fill in my 130s so I figured I might as well blow them down the "right" way...

So off to the lighthouse... 80 feet for about 50 minutes. I haven't been diving here since I was teaching, so it was nice to get back. I rarely shore dive... this was probably the first one up here in 5 years at least... Damn it's hard work climbing out on icy rocks with 130 HPs on!

That's it for me for this year. Next diving will be Turneffe Cay in March... with my SO buddy!

Yeah, Stoo, climbing out on the Lighthouse rocks in doubles is a pain! But Lighthouse viz beats the Humber Bay experience hands down.

Several solo night dives at Scuba Club Cozumel.... 84 degrees F......

M0016514.jpg

M0016714.jpg

Yeah, Stoo, climbing out on the Lighthouse rocks in doubles is a pain! But Lighthouse viz beats the Humber Bay experience hands down.

It does... I can barely lift the damn things at the best of time. The vis was about 50' I think... clear, but very dark day, and quite rough.

Several solo night dives at Scuba Club Cozumel.... 84 degrees F......
Nice shots Doc... nothing like floating around in a dark ocean all alone!

Back at Humber Bay, thank god winds out of the north, viz 25 ft, water temp still 37 degrees F, 24 min, 36 ft...surface air temp -5 degrees C, so crunchy drysuit on the walk back to the truck...somebody moved the buoys and the plastic torso out at the culverts on the line....now there's only the (sob) excercise bike and phone to look at.

Plus two small gobies.

April 7, 2010, Fort Wetherill west cove Jamestown RI. The weather was clear and sunny, wind 20 mph, air temp 79F, water surface temp 45F, bottom temp 40F, max depth was 25 feet, bottom time 26 minutes. This was a checkout dive to test my gear old and new,and practice a few skills, also the 1st dive of 2010. No incidents everything went well. Didn't see anything except a few small jellyfish. Found out one of my depth gauges doesn't work but no problem as I had backup. Also my brand new dive computer (1st time use) needs a battery change!
I'll be doing a night dive, looking at Monday night, anybody wanta dive?:D

Attachments

• jellyfish 4-7-2010 FT Weth. 20 ft.jpg
    jellyfish 4-7-2010 FT Weth. 20 ft.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 100
Easter: Solo dive at Lake Mount Storm. First dive of 2010. Got in the water and immediately noticed a leak in my left wrist gasket vs. dry glove. Decided to try a dive anyway. Descended to 10 feet, water poured in and flooded my left sleeve. Topside, found a large hole in my left wrist gasket. Unable to successfully patch the leak. Home.

Driving time: 150 minutes
Max depth: 10 feet
Bottom time: 50 seconds

Driving time: 150 minutes
Max depth: 10 feet
Bottom time: 50 seconds

Sweet... Memorable if nothing else~ :depressed:

Last week... first dive of the season at home (Belize three weeks ago)

Wreck of the barque Arabia
110' for 22 min BT, 6 min hang on 100% O2
Air temp 9C, water temp 41F Surface, 39F at Depth
Vis about 90'

Love this old boat! I think I have probably done 400 dives on it and never get tired of it.

Arabia

Darn it all, Stoo, the charters aren't out yet, you must have put your boat in :)

I'll be up there this Sunday, wish I had a boat, it'll be a shore dive for me.

How was the lovely Arabia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom