Where do I find the thread for Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey guys. I first need to know if this is the right place for Rotan.
My Daughter and I love to dive in March because both of our Birthdays are in March. I am over 1,000 dives and she is coming to 600 dives. We have dove Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Maldives, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. We really like to shore dive like on Bonaire because she always gets motion sick when we do our safety stops on the boats. Would Roatan be a good option for us? We like to try different places. Thanks for your help. We would go 1 week because she is in Nursing School. 2nd week in March.

Roatán, along with Utila and Guanaja, is one of the bay islands of Honduras. You can find discussion of the islands in the Bay Islands forum: Bay Islands.

Some resorts have a few shore diving options, others not so much. It's not like Bonaire - your best options are going to be from a boat.

Hey guys. I first need to know if this is the right place for Rotan.
My Daughter and I love to dive in March because both of our Birthdays are in March. I am over 1,000 dives and she is coming to 600 dives. We have dove Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Maldives, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. We really like to shore dive like on Bonaire because she always gets motion sick when we do our safety stops on the boats. Would Roatan be a good option for us? We like to try different places. Thanks for your help. We would go 1 week because she is in Nursing School. 2nd week in March.

I am biased, so I am going to put in my vote for Cayman Brac as I love to shore dive there. Like a tiny Bonaire but without the crime. About 10-12 nice easy entry dive sites. DM if you have any questions. Saint Croix would be another option.

We really like to shore dive like on Bonaire because she always gets motion sick when we do our safety stops on the boats. Would Roatan be a good option for us?
For future reference, my answer to the question is, 'No, not in my experience.' Roatan is great, It is NOT a shore diver locale.

she always gets motion sick when we do our safety stops on the boats.
?? You mean motion sick during the surface intervals?
You can solve that problem by not doing two-tank dives.

Most/many Roatan dive ops return to shore for the surface interval so its not like you're bobbing around out there for an hour.

Anthony's Key does it that way. The dive sites are only about 5 minutes from the dock (with the exception of the shark site). Therefore they go back to the dock after every dive. You still get a "2 tanker" but the SI is back on land. It's a really great setup.

Anthony's Key also has a shore dive site. I've never dived it but some others that were in our group did and said it was nice.

The Best Roatan All Inclusive Resorts | Anthony’s Key Resort

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom