Where do you folks have your Regs serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are the retail prices. I've since verified that from two shops for those regs. Do you have retail numbers from another shop that differs from those???

I read between the lines. Any reasonable person can see it there in the snark. :D

I called 3 local shops for kit prices for Mk25/S600/Air2.

Mk25 was most expensive with price from $24 to $30. The 2nd stage kits run about $20 each. Looks like they do not have an established retail price.

While those prices are a bit higher than what I wouild pay, I would not call them a ripoff. I can buy o-rings for most regs for $1 to $2. The Mk25 seat is a problem because it is proprietary. I managed to buy a number of them 10 years ago for about $5 each, retail. The rivet style LP seats I found for about $2.50 each, retail. I make my own hockey puck LP seats that fit an Air2 for less than a nickle each' $35 for a Mk25 kit is quite expensive. $35 for a 2nd stage kit is a RIPOFF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe it. Both shops quoted the same price. I'm going to believe them.

You, or anyone else, can check it out yourself. I called Scubaland Adventure in Austin, The Dive Shop in San Marcos, and Duggan Divers in San Antonio.,

Maybe they were giving me a special discount because I am such a good customer.

I guess they were. I specified retail. Both of the shops would have sold me the parts wholesale since I do my own work.

I guess they were. I specified retail. Both of the shops would have sold me the parts wholesale since I do my own work.

I was kidding. I asked about prices for service as Joe Blow. They do not know me from Adam.

Do you really believe the cost of a Mk25 kit would be the same as an Air2 kit?

Alright guys, I was just asking as a new diver how all this stuff works. No need to get riled up. Lets just relax and say that my questions were answered. I appreciated all the good info and the strong positions, because that is what we are about. Agree to disagree!

Greg

Alright guys, I was just asking as a new diver how all this stuff works. No need to get riled up. Lets just relax and say that my questions were answered. I appreciated all the good info and the strong positions, because that is what we are about. Agree to disagree!

Greg
You must be new here.

Is that the New Mexican way of saying "simmer down boys!"?

is that not backwards from what would logically make sense from a business standpoint?
I don't follow you. I'm great friends with both of these shops. In fact, both are here on SB. They would probably sell to me at their cost. I respect them too much to do that. Retail is a tough field and few outside of it understand it. The idea that a dive shop charging retail on a repair is somehow a "ripoff" is ludicrous to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom