Where do you get your photo's printed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Online? Locally? How are the prices? How's the quality? How fast do they deliver? Is the upload process simple? How would you rate them on a scale of 1-5 (5 being excellent quality and never let me down)?

Please post with this template:

Where?:
Price for 8x10/8x12:
Rating:
Extra comments:

Where?: Shutterfly online
Price for 8x10/8x12: varies greatly, I do pre-paid volume discount. I order one at a time but get the pricing for mutiples. 3 dollars maybe?
Rating: 9.5
Extra comments: I know they are too expensive probably, but I know they do a great job. recently, they replaced a big order, no questions asked, that got wet in my box while I was away. So...great 100% satisfaction warranty, I never leave my house, cc on file, they do custom cropping and preview. Plus...I love the bright pink and orange polka dotted enevelope that they come in....FAST!

Gosh, the bright pink and orange polka dotted enevelope makes it all worth it, for me! LOL!

for all the ones I want to throw in my show-off album (show it to co-workers, friends, family, etc.) I drop a CD-RW off at the W-Mart.

~8x10 is about $5-6, depending on sales.
~I usually print at least 50 prints, so individuals prices get cheaper the more you print. ~Quality rivals any photo store; Matte is better than Gloss
~Anything over 48 usually takes 24 hours.
~They can have 3 sizes of posters, very good quality.

7.5 for overall ease and quality.

I will be purchasing my own printer for Artistic prints (flowers, landscape, etc.) so soon that will take care of my larger sizes.

havnmonkey:
Matte is better than Gloss
Why? Reflections of room lighting on the glossy photos?

I prefer glossy. I dislike seeing the matte texture when looking closely at photos.

================

After going through several rounds of trying to color match my monitor and printer, I had some photos and a MacBeth color chart printed at several drugstores ---- Long's, Walgreen's, CVS, etc. All were 1 hour photo shops with Fuji 350/370 sort of printers. The color matching was pretty good, so I assume that they do some sort of autocalibration frequently.

I only use the home printer for those rare cases where I need something right now.

Charlie99:
Why? Reflections of room lighting on the glossy photos?

I prefer glossy. I dislike seeing the matte texture when looking closely at photos.
Just depends on the print itself. Some look better with glossy, some with matte.

JB complains cause I always get matte---he likes glossy. (fingerprints?)

Back
Top Bottom