Where do you keep your line cutters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I have taken intro to tec using traditional doubles. Instead of going full tec diving I have first decided to give some sidemount diving a try. Any ways, I have shears I keep in my thigh pockets but also like having some trilobites on me as well. Curious where everyone is storing their line cutters? On your wrist computer straps? On your Rig webbing somewhere? I tried the wrist strap but did not care for it (I like to try and dive similar rig setups when diving warm and cold water for muscle memory purposes and thus in warm water with no garments around my wrist...the trilobite rubs my skin something awful). I am a bit concerned with placement with side mount since you kind of have hoses going all over the place in your chest area. Any other thoughts about this?

you can get a small piece of neoprene and glue it to the back of the trilobite if it's uncomfortable. I use Benchmade 7 line cutters and keep those on my computer straps. Super simple. Haven't found any better place to put them

I'm going the tec route, too, and as such, I keep two Trilobites on my wrist computers' straps, one on each side. The nylon-on-skin issue hasn't come up (I've mostly been diving at the local quarry), but if it ever does, I'm going to take tbone1004's advice and glue on some neoprene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom