Where do you mount your focus light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Recently bought a focus light for my oly set up. I assumed that I would attach it to the flash mount on top of the Oly housing and was about to place an order for the 2 bits (one attach to housing the other to clamp torch) then I had a thought!

Is there a better way to mount this torch? - note it is not a video light just a torch with a wide angle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ardy

I top camera mount it. My wife mounts it on her left post. That's a recent change and apparently she likes it better. She had also top mounted for years.

Top of Nauticam housing with post and ball clamps. I do need to move the light out of the way when carrying or handing up due to carrying strap.

I have WeeFine 2300 Smartfocus with Nauticam NA-EM5II housing.
Hotshoe is suboptimal, when I am using it for video and wideangle, then I get shadow from the domeport. So similar to Laurie...

Wolfgang

Thanks guys I am going top mount (due to convenience) and see how it goes. I did dive with just one flash, set over the camera, years ago and was OK with the results, so I am hoping that the torch will not cast shadows and do its job. If not I have a spare ball joint.

If it is on a ball mount, use one of the extra-long clamps; that way you can extend it out in front and not have the port in the way.

I mount mine down low. It sits on my tray on the left side of the housing. That way it is not in my line of sight when I am looking over the top of the housing. It is held in place with a couple of rubberbands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom