Where do you put all your stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Halcyon bellows pocket(Extreme Exposure) will hold a spool, SMB, and Nautilus, along with a folding Spyderco in the top pocket, and some weight. That's usually all I need, but the pocket shorts always get packed too. Scout lights go on the shoulder D-rings, Trilobite on the waist belt. Since I don't carry my primary light on every dive, it just sits in front of the pocket when needed, secured by a weight belt buckle, otherwise it would be behind the pocket, next to the back plate.

If you don't need it, don't take it with you. You won't need a cutting tool in Cozumel. Unless you're in a cave, wreck or night diving a backup light is unnecessary. I have a cutting tool on the right side of my harness to tuck my primary hose under. The only thing clipped to a D-ring is my camera. Anything else I need for a particular dive is clipped off in a pocket.

for recreational dives, if not wearing my pocketed shorts, i have dive knife on left waist webbing, spool and dsmb clipped to butt d-ring, gopro and roll up snorkel clipped to right hip d-ring as far back as i can get it, flashlight clipped to left shoulder d-ring with elastic retainer, and slate on my arm.
When diving with thigh pockets my spool/dsmb and any other loose stuff (mesh bag, trash, mask, etc) goes in a pocket.

You remind me of some friends that climb onto my boat for a little 100', open water dive. They have enough crap to sink my boat.

I know there's a school of thought that says take everything all the time, but for a daytime, recreational dive in Coz, do you really need a light AND a backup? I mean if your light dies, it mean you can't look in holes, but you aren't going to die. And a tickler? Stop messing with the wildlfe! By all means take an SMB and spool. A knife might be handy, but you will never need a knife and shears.

For southern rec diving, I use a small travel BCD. It has two small pockets, one for the DSMB and spool. The other might have something in it, but likely not.

I also have a pocket glued to my thigh. It carries a wet diopter when I'm using it, otherwise, it's empty too.

You remind me of some friends that climb onto my boat for a little 100', open water dive. They have enough crap to sink my boat.

I know there's a school of thought that says take everything all the time, but for a daytime, recreational dive in Coz, do you really need a light AND a backup? I mean if your light dies, it mean you can't look in holes, but you aren't going to die. And a tickler? Stop messing with the wildlfe! By all means take an SMB and spool. A knife might be handy, but you will never need a knife and shears.

For southern rec diving, I use a small travel BCD. It has two small pockets, one for the DSMB and spool. The other might have something in it, but likely not.

I also have a pocket glued to my thigh. It carries a wet diopter when I'm using it, otherwise, it's empty too.

We're going on a night dive every day. I don't plan on bringing both on daytime dives, but it will be a common-enough concern to prepare for it.
The tickler was suggested by the shop hosting the trip. It's not to mess with wildlife, it's supposedly to stop moving in the current by poking it into the sand. I've never done it before, so I listened to the ones who have.

Then consider adding pockets as others have suggested. I use a BP/W here but a compact BCD there since it's better suited to the task.

i dont have any good pics of mine handy, but this is from a quick google search and is what we're describing.
FA7AA39A-B9E7-4B6C-919C-E022E2A99714.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom