Where have all the Panasonic u/w cases gone???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i wanna get a zs3 or an fz35 (not sure if this has a case) but it seems like panasonic lumix u/w cases are nowhere to be found.
a supplier told me that once a batch of underwater housing are all sold they never make another batch as it isnt cost efficient or something like that. he also mentioned that they will stop producing underwater cases for the zs3 for this specific reason.
does this hold any truth?

I wanted to buy an FT1 case from the US and couldnt find one anywhere. I finally looked to Kitamura Camera in Japan and found they had the Panasonic housing I was looking for.

Ran into a similar problem recently trying to find a case for my ZS3

Wound up buying off an ebay seller under the name of jp-stop.

They are selling the DMWMCTZ7 housing for around $280 shipped to the U.S.

I just got a new case for my Lumix FX33 on Ebay. I looked for one for a year until I looked on Ebay on a whim just after I bought another case.

If anyone wants a TZ1 case, I just picked one up used in great condition that I probably won't be using after all. PM me.

whew finally got the DMWMCTZ7! i actually bought the case before the camera.
the u/w housing seller i bought it from thugh gave me an ominous statement regarding panasonic cases - o-rings are not available as a separate purchase.
he says panasonic has never sold accesories for its u/w case oem's.
the guy seems trustworty enough, and not looking to make a sale (on his more expensive zs3 houing).
i still bought the casing though despite this caveat.
do any of you have information about this matter??
thanks

The manual says to take them in for annual service to replace the O-rings. Not sure where tho... Contact Panasonic?

The main seal o-ring can be ordered online easily enough. Just pop the O-ring model number in Google.

Maybe we need to add a Panasonic sub-Forum here.

yeah we definitely need a panasonic forum here!

Panasonic Center here dsnt even sell d marine case & they dnt service as well. Ive talked to the person in charge of Pana Lumix cam. Cant buy extra batt fr them also.

marine housing last a while as long as you know how to take care of them.
my first u/w housing was a sony i used for 4 years and never replaced an o-ring.

@evie
have you gotten your housing yet?
your the evie in bebz's facebook right? ill add you ok?

Sure Rab. I got d case last week. i was testing it at home, took a few shot & it was ok. But then it just suddenly wont work, i can press them alright, but d cam wont respond. I took out d cam & tried it , everything's ok. I put it in d case, again it wont work. Dnt know whats wrong here. Im sure I aligned it alright. Took it back to d shop, he said it just need some adjustments, coz not all cam are made exactly d same. But this 10bar housing has TZ7-ZS3 engraved on it. I dnt understand. Im getting exasperated with this.. Waited for it sooo long & now this...:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom