Where in Hawaii to get best dive pkg deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it was me, I’d think about what else I wanted to do in Hawaii and choose island based on that. There’s great shore diving on all the islands so you can save a few bucks there if you want. Small shore diving groups also give you the longest dives - I shore dive every weekend and 60min is now considered a short dive for me. You use less air at shallower depths and it seems more relaxed so it’s easy to stay calm and conserve air.

What kinds of dives do you like, or what do you like to see?

If your goal is purely to get the ‘best’ boat dives, then you’re not looking at the cheapest options. Niihau (from Kawai) is often considered some of the best diving here. Molokini Crater (back side) and the coast of Lanai (both accessed from Maui) are very good.

Would love to do Shore dives if access is easy ...ie not rocky ...sand or jumping in is OK ( stride). Pls suggest , I 'd like to save some $$.
Are there groups for shore dives ... ? I do need Reg , BC and bigger tank to rent ....on budget :)THANKS!

I only know groups on Oahu since that's where I live. Look up "Honolulu Dive Club" or "Honolulu Scuba Club"on Meetup or Facebook (not Honolulu Scuba COMPANY) Access is easy. You need to provide (or rent) gear. No need for bigger tanks, most of us dive aluminum 80s.

Honolulu Dive Club

I only know groups on Oahu since that's where I live. Look up "Honolulu Dive Club" or "Honolulu Scuba Club"on Meetup or Facebook (not Honolulu Scuba COMPANY) Access is easy. You need to provide (or rent) gear. No need for bigger tanks, most of us dive aluminum 80s.

Honolulu Dive Club

Thx just requested joining in fb ...
If i wanna go wreck diving then i gotta choose boats right?

To see most life varieties (fish, corals)
Can i just do shore or boat?
I have 3 half days, so maybe i can mix and match?

Pls advice thx

Back
Top Bottom