Where is Best OWSI Instruction In SE Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EODScuba

Reaction score
:teach:

I am interested in getting my OWSI done and maybe more. I am wondering who has the best instruction in SE Asia? I am not interested in Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Koh Phangan area due to the amount of people. I have not been to Phuket. I know Pattaya does not seem to be all that either. So what is the best options? How about Vietnam? Any help would be great. I am looking to move to SE Asia this January. I speak a little Thai and have travelled all through-out Thai-Laos-Cambo. Thanks in advance.

My background. I lived in maui after leaving the US Army. I have spent the past 16 months living and diving in the Marshall Islands. What a beautiful place to dive. WOW!! Wrecks, wrecks wrecks......and lots of large pelagics cruising pristine reef. Views always at least 100 feet if not 200 feet.

Curent gear atomics regs and fins, scuba pro classic BC, Akona 1mm suit...just bought an apeks 200 though.

Hi EOD,

I did my IDC at IDAP in Puerto Galera, Philippines last November. The 3 CD's-Alan, Andy and Pedro-do a real professional job as well as the Staff Instructors. We were very prepared for the IE.

Here is their website: http://www.idc-inparadise.com/welcome.htm

When you contact them feel free to use my name, just tell them Drew recommended them.

The diving in PG is good, maybe it doesn't have the viz, pelagics or wrecks of the Marshalls, but the coral cover is really good, there are some fun currents to drift in and lots of neat small stuff.

Good luck,
Drew

Well then, Andy at Atlantis Resort, Puerto Galera? http://www.atlantishotel.com/ They certainly are very good, John Bennett has a record on deep diving over a 1000 feet since last year. Very good team.

Also I can recommend Sea Explorers Dumaguete, but only IDC/MFA/specialty. Very nice spots over there.

:confused:

Hi,

Check out Dive Asia in Phuket....They are the best CDC in Asia and I have taken DM and IDC there and will go back for IDC Staff.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom