Where is the best place to live and dive in Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

Correct Answer: Zinc's place: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/346761-roommate-lake-travis-condo.html

If you're single and moving before the year end, I've got a two-story condo to share near lake Travis with on-site air fills :wink:

Divers all over the world are simply the best! Thank you for this kind offer. At this point it is still just a fall back plan if things do not work out in S. E. Florida. Lake Travis area looks like a place an active diver can be happy. Do you guys like Aquarena Springs in San Marcos?
Thanks for the info.

Aquarena is nice but you can only use the training area (not very large) unless you have completed the diving for science class.. After that you can request times or dates to volunteer to do things they need done in the spring. It's not like the Florida springs you may have been diving in, and it isn't deep at all.

I am an active diver who may be moving to Texas soon and I have a question.
As a diver if you had your choice of anyplace you could live in Texas and be near good diving where would it be?

In a marina on a liveaboard south of Galveston---(anywhere would work but south of Galveston gets you warmer weather, less US cold front problems)

Austin area is (IMO) the best of both worlds, but I wouldn't want to live in the city and I think its a little better to be on the north side of Austin. For the best mix of diving and living conditions, I would suggest Round Rock, Texas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom