Where is the line...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again Jax, notification of the deleted posts were made in the thread.

If you wished to pursue the issue further via PM, you could have sent one to the Mod in question like I suggested to you earlier in the thread.

It is unlikely that we are going to send out 15 separate PM's to individual users during a large thread cleanup when a single Mod Post will suffice and in my opinion it's a bit unreasonable to expect that.

You're assuming there wasn't a PM exchange.

Same old excuse. No reason except that I referred to the picture in an aside, as in "Scooter, the guys have a good point. Maybe you could edit the picture to add some text."

Ooh, all, now that's a ToS violation if I ever saw one.

Then, when I posted "What was wrong with my post?" it got deleted, too.

Oh, yeah; what's that called again? Getting Dutched? :talktothehand:

You're assuming there wasn't a PM exchange.

Same old excuse. No reason except that I referred to the picture in an aside, as in "Scooter, the guys have a good point. Maybe you could edit the picture to add some text."

Ooh, all, now that's a ToS violation if I ever saw one.

Then, when I posted "What was wrong with my post?" it got deleted, too.

Oh, yeah; what's that called again? Getting Dutched? :talktothehand:

Since I wasn't the Mod who deleted it you're right, I don't know if there was or not. I'm assuming there wasn't because you are focusing on the issue of not being notified.

ALL of the discussion of the picture was deleted. Including your aside. There is no point in leaving your comment about adding text to the picture if there is no picture.

Your other post was deleted because it was already covered in the Mod Post in that thread. Perhaps you failed to read that?

What exactly do you mean by "Getting Dutched?"

Since I wasn't the Mod who deleted it you're right, I don't know if there was or not. I'm assuming there wasn't because you are focusing on the issue of not being notified.

ALL of the discussion of the picture was deleted. Including your aside. There is no point in leaving your comment about adding text to the picture if there is no picture.

Your other post was deleted because it was already covered in the Mod Post in that thread. Perhaps you failed to read that?

What exactly do you mean by "Getting Dutched?"

:rofl3: If you really think that is the issue, then you missed the point. :shakehead:

That was the most capricious, heavy-handed knee-jerk reaction I've seen on this board since a couple of other so-inclined mods resigned. Furthermore, the reason given does nothing but hide behind a ToS statement that really may be summed up as, "We felt like it."

As some may refer to it, the 'days of the Dutch Inquisition' seem to have returned.

That was the most capricious, heavy-handed knee-jerk reaction I've seen on this board since a couple of other so-inclined mods resigned.

BOY have you missed a lot over the past 6 months then :rofl3:. Are we still just discussing the removal of a somewhat offensive and potentially damning photograph and all associated posts?

The picture in question is now the subject of an FWC investigation. They are appreciative of it not being public at this time.

I suspect the problem started with the deletion of a picture. Had Pete's explanation above been provided when the deletion was made, I'll bet it would have ended there.

can you just send her a PM about it..... ... PLEASE! ? :idk:

:rofl3:

BOY have you missed a lot over the past 6 months then :rofl3:. Are we still just discussing the removal of a somewhat offensive and potentially damning photograph and all associated posts?

:blush: Well, I dont play in all your threads, Steve! :giggle:

:blush: Well, I dont play in all your threads, Steve! :giggle:

You are missing all the good stuff then.....the best content :thumb:

:mad: I'm out of popcorn, damnit! Oh, well . . . :sleepy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom