Where should we dive when we come on holiday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktpeers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone

We are coming to Florida for just 5 days on 24th February and would really like to do some diving.

We got our Open Water PADI in September, and have been attending a local dive school just to keep up our knowledge.

Can anyone recommend somewhere we can dive?? We are only in Florida from 24th until 29th unfortunately, but would really love to do at least one dive while we are there,

Any info is greatly appreciated

many thanks

Katie
:)

If you are in the Orlando area, then you can choose Ft Lauderdale with a couple of wrecks and going over to Venice Beach on the Gulf for sharks tooth diving.

Mike

Where in Florida will you be?

We are staying at a friends Villa in Cleremont, so were thinking maybe Clearwater way??

Can't wait for a few days away from home to be in the sunshine, and to do some diving!!

Katie

From where you are staying you have easy access to east coast, west coast and the springs. The weather will dictate where you will go.

Right now the Gulf temps (west coast) are in the low to mid 60's, Atlantic (west coast) are in the 70's and the springs stay low 70's year round.

Probably the closest would be Venice Beach, but it is very shallow, only about 20 feet. You can find all species of Sharks teeth there, Bull, Tiger, White, and of course, Megaladon.

If you don't mind a couple of hours drive the east coast from Ft. Lauderdale down has wrecks. Up north out of Pensacola you can also do wrecks and the Oriskany (an Aircraft carrier sunk as an artificial reef).

Mike

If you're in Clermont you are better off to head down to West Palm. There are lot of great charter down there and that is arguably the best diving in the country. From where you are staying it is only about 2 and half hour down. Do a google search on a boat called Sandy's Sunday. That is a top notch outfit. I had a fantastic time when I went out with them and recommend them to everyone. The boat is comfortable and the crew is very knowledgable and accomidating.

I second that vote for Sandy's Sunday......crew is awesome, my wife and I have a great time, we travel from Jacksonville a couple weekends a month to dive with them. They are friendly, dive guides are great at pointing things out, drops are always right on, and if you dive on Sunday's you'll meet some of the nicest divers...the regulars are out in force, but always welcoming. Boat is named after the owner Sandy, but the company name is Ocean Quest Scuba, here is thier website OceanQuest Scuba Diving in WPB is awesome, it is drift diving so remember to get a surface signal, great diving!! good luck on your trip

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom