Where should we eat in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember the Lone Star from when Big Mike Flowers owned and ran it. The T shirt ceiling collection had to be taken down because of board of health concerns.
In the evening it was always interesting watching people go into and out of the none too clean bathrooms in bare feet.

The West Bay Polo Club evokes good memories as well.

some of our favorites:

Chicken! Chicken! - for your jerk chicken fix - also rotisserie chicken. This may be my favorite cheap eats place

Calico Jack's, which is good for a drink, but I would not eat there (after trying the food a few times). You will almost never see the locals eating there - just drinking. And any place that, when you order a beer, they give you a can and don't even open it is my type of bar.

Agree on the rotisserie chicken which is amazing, not too impressed with their jerk chicken. My current favorite for jerk chicken is Liberty's in West Bay, on Fri/Sat they have them fresh of the oil drum grill. So good.

I had one dinner at Calico's in the last 2,5 years here, basically as I couldn't be bothered to move. Stick to the drinks.

We really enjoyed Seven Mile Burger (cheap side) and Copper Falls Steakhouse (more on the upper end side).

Update on the Czech Inn, the casual, tasty, roadside eatery in Bodden Town. They have obtained a liquor license and will be making some upgrades soon. Right now they are still BYOB but they are making arrangements to shutdown soon for a couple of weeks to do some remodeling before reopening with bar service. Upgrades will include a new roof and installing locking shutters to secure the liquor stock after hours.

Don't forget MyBar at Sunset House, southeast of George Town, the Red Conch Chowder is delicious!

Thinking of you, @KathyV ! Today's lunch:

IMG_4046.JPG

Hi Scubaboard!

Grand Cayman is not only known for its stellar diving, but also for its diverse culinary scene. When guests look online for restaurants, it’s almost overwhelming to try and decide where to eat. It’s therefore no surprise that one of the most commonly asked questions of our staff is “Where should we go to eat?”

We get this question so often, we decided to make a blog post about it. All of our staff members were polled, and asked them what their favorite restaurants were, and why. It's worth noting all of these establishments are on the west side of Grand Cayman, so if you are looking for restaurants on the east side of the island, it's best to ask the staff at Ocean Frontiers. :-D

So if you are interested, read the rest of our article and staff pics here.

Tony
Tukka! Fantastic…but on the East side.

Tukka! Fantastic…but on the East side.

Apparently they've opened a 2nd Tukka on the West side of the island but I haven't been back to try it yet!

So I just had to rebook our trip that was planned for next week to move it out one week. We will end up staying the night on GC Saturday night due to the lack of flight availability to LC Saturday afternoon. We are booked at the Hampton on Seven Mile Beach. What is a decent casual restaurant to eat dinner and maybe catch a sunset within walking distance of the Hampton?

So I just had to rebook our trip that was planned for next week to move it out one week. We will end up staying the night on GC Saturday night due to the lack of flight availability to LC Saturday afternoon. We are booked at the Hampton on Seven Mile Beach. What is a decent casual restaurant to eat dinner and maybe catch a sunset within walking distance of the Hampton?
Coconut Joes is right across the street. No sunset view but decent and casual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom