• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Where should we eat in Grand Cayman?

Discussion in 'Cayman Islands' started by Divetech Cayman, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Doctorfish

Doctorfish Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I remember the Lone Star from when Big Mike Flowers owned and ran it. The T shirt ceiling collection had to be taken down because of board of health concerns.
    In the evening it was always interesting watching people go into and out of the none too clean bathrooms in bare feet.

The West Bay Polo Club evokes good memories as well.

2. FindingMenno

FindingMenno PADI Pro

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Agree on the rotisserie chicken which is amazing, not too impressed with their jerk chicken. My current favorite for jerk chicken is Liberty's in West Bay, on Fri/Sat they have them fresh of the oil drum grill. So good.

I had one dinner at Calico's in the last 2,5 years here, basically as I couldn't be bothered to move. Stick to the drinks.

mi000ke likes this.
  3. miadukes

miadukes Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    We really enjoyed Seven Mile Burger (cheap side) and Copper Falls Steakhouse (more on the upper end side).

4. KathyV

KathyV ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Update on the Czech Inn, the casual, tasty, roadside eatery in Bodden Town. They have obtained a liquor license and will be making some upgrades soon. Right now they are still BYOB but they are making arrangements to shutdown soon for a couple of weeks to do some remodeling before reopening with bar service. Upgrades will include a new roof and installing locking shutters to secure the liquor stock after hours.