Where the best place to dive in Bali in September and good dive company to go through

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tomas88

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi I'm looking for good dive sites in Bali and a good dive company/ dve master guide to go through going in September for 2 weeks I want to be diving most days

I have used Aquamarine and like them.

Do you want safari-style dive vacation or a vacation with lots of diving? That can make a difference.

Just dived with Underwater Tribe in Bali. Spent a couple of days in Tulamben and had some really spectacular dives with a really good guide.

There are a lot of good companies in Bali. But do you like to use the same company all the time or do you like to go some places by yourself and dive with another company.

It is also depending where you are situated in Bali. There are lots of dive shops in Sanur, Tulamben and Amed. Even lots on Lembongan. So hard to say which dive shop....

I dive with BALI SCUBA - great all inclusive dive operation, have their own facilities, transport and boats.

Also, their local DMs are excellent and know how to read the local conditions real well - They are conservative and sensible (note - Bali has had a lot of fatal dive accidents mainly due to DM error, often foreigners).

Dive sites to see are Padang Bai, Tulamben and Nusa Penida (this is for advanced divers only, lots of tricky currents).

I dive with Geko Dive when going out of Padang Bai. I especially like Nusa Penida, but it can be choppy getting there. Manta Point can be good as well.

Great choice, we love the diving in Bali.I dived with Absolute Scuba in Padang Bai and was very happy with them. PB is a very central area if you want to be in the same place for two weeks. Gili Air also has good diving with beautiful beaches. Having been there many times I would say that PB is probably the best area to base yourself to reach almost all of the best sites in Bali.

Hi I'm looking for good dive sites in Bali and a good dive company/ dve master guide to go through going in September for 2 weeks I want to be diving most days

If it were me, I would base myself in Amed area for a week and do Tulamben and surrounds, then Padang Bai for a week - since you said you want mostly to dive. Neither place has great places to stay or great things to do besides dive - Amed / Jemeluk has a bit more than PDB - but you can take day trips if you want to see temples or whatever. Both areas have very good diving.

Balinese massages can be REALLY good! Just sayin'....

- Bill

You COULD just give one dive company 'free reign' to create an itinerary for you - very stress-free and convenient. Although if you choose a company based in one dive area, there may be extra costs to their dive package for transportation to dive in another area. So you could 'mix-up' the dive companies you dive with. Your plan to visit in September gives you ample time to research on the difference in dive experience from one place to another and the dive companies based in the locations where you want to dive.

Certain dive sites in Padang Bai and Nusa Penida do experience strong and unpredictable current, so take into consideration your drift diving experience and comfort level with that. If you're an underwater photographer, there are local guides in Bali's north east (Padang Bai, Amed, Tulamben), where the macrolife is abundant. If you're planning to enrol in any diving certification course, the cheaper options are on mainland Bali; and more expensive on Nusa Lembongan (or the chain of Gili Islands; technically West Nusa Tenggara, but only a 1-hour speedboat ride from Bali).

Bali's not such a large island, you can drive from west to east or north to south in a few hours and still have time to do some diving when you arrive at your next destination. Plan on stopping at just a few choice dive companies that you've read and heard good reviews from other guests (Trip Advisor, DiveZone.net) because it can a bit overwhelming if you just arrive at a new dive area and find dive centres left and right of the road - you're likely not going to stop and ask ALL of them! :p Booking online is a big commitment, because you don't know (for example) what their dive equipment condition is in. So meet with the dive staff and judge for yourself their priority on diver safety.

Have fun researching! :)

We used Joe's Gone Diving for the Southern Sites - Nusa Penida and Padang Bai and were very happy. We then, as almost an afterthought, spent a few days at Tulumben with Villa Alba (on the recommendation of several friends) and loved it.
If we had our time again, I'd either spend the whole time with Villa Alba, or maybe just a handful of days down south with Joe's.
Have a fun trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom