Where to buy a Cave diving Safety STOP poster ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So dear cave divers

What kind of signs will probably make you think twice (or more) before to decide to go ahead?

What kind of shocking/preventing messages can be strong enough to make you hesitate?

So dear cave divers

What kind of signs will probably make you think twice (or more) before to decide to go ahead?

What kind of shocking/preventing messages can be strong enough to make you hesitate?
If that is the question you want to ask, then maybe you are in the wrong forum. Cave divers are not deterred by that sign because they have the training that allows them to pass it safely. That question--and it is a very good question--is probably best asked in something like Basic Scuba or (maybe better) Advanced Scuba. It could be interesting to see how non-trained divers would react to coming across that in the back of a cavern.

In fact I would like point of you of 3 types of divers. They are more likely to have decent feelings.

- well trained divers since years
- fresh trained divers
- non-trained divers

Thank you I will post later tomorrow inside the forums you mentionned.

The NACD (National Association of Cave Divers) also has a sign. Theirs looks like a stop sign and gives a similar message.

STOP.JPG

I am not a trained cave diver and would not go into an over head environment, so the Wall poster is aimed at my type of diver, by genuine trained cave divers who don't want a lot of dead bodies clogging up their caves and drawing "Hairy Eyeball" type attention of authorities.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom