Where to buy unscented Talcum / Talc powder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For ketchup?
Heck yah, mustard too. You can even put more talc in it if ya want.
Talc is quite flavorless, I eat a fair amount (unintentionally) when I'm bottleing the stuff up.
I've even been known to turn into a white man, though that's only temporary.:wink:

I bought it once in bulk... It came in a 30 gallon drum.. I thought it was going to be around 5 gallons...

Imagine my suprise when the UPS man showed up with it..:whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

But now I don't ever need to buy talc again....

Mverick once bubbled...
I bought it once in bulk... It came in a 30 gallon drum.. I thought it was going to be around 5 gallons...

Imagine my suprise when the UPS man showed up with it..:whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

But now I don't ever need to buy talc again....

I'm kinda afraid to order it my mail man might think it's Anthrax. LOL

Well, it's just that you guys aren't old enough or been diving long enough to remember when mask fins and snorkels were made of rubber, not plastic and silicone and a dusting with unscented talc was standard protocol.

If you make 2 dives every day at a run time of 100 min per dive then that is about 3 hours out of 24 that your suit (& seals) are wet and 21 hours that it is dry.

The talc will keep them from drying out (I got almost 5 years out of my last set, but I know folks that don't take care of them and whine that they only last a year). Furthermore it makes them easy to slip into the next time you put your suit on.

When I couldn't readily find unscented talc I called Andy Whitehouse who owns Andy's Undies (and Drysuits) and he said, "Just go get cornstartch, that's what we use at the factory." Good enough for me. That would be row 13 at the grocery store with flour and other baking products! Makes a great gravy too!

Dave D

dmdalton once bubbled...
Well, it's just that you guys aren't old enough or been diving long enough to remember when mask fins and snorkels were made of rubber, not plastic and silicone and a dusting with unscented talc was standard protocol.

If you make 2 dives every day at a run time of 100 min per dive then that is about 3 hours out of 24 that your suit (& seals) are wet and 21 hours that it is dry.

The talc will keep them from drying out (I got almost 5 years out of my last set, but I know folks that don't take care of them and whine that they only last a year). Furthermore it makes them easy to slip into the next time you put your suit on.

When I couldn't readily find unscented talc I called Andy Whitehouse who owns Andy's Undies (and Drysuits) and he said, "Just go get cornstartch, that's what we use at the factory." Good enough for me. That would be row 13 at the grocery store with flour and other baking products! Makes a great gravy too!

Dave D

So then am I right about dusting them after every dive to keep them from dry rotting?

taat2d once bubbled...

So then am I right about dusting them after every dive to keep them from dry rotting?

Yes you are!

Dave D

I get baseball size bags from a sporting goods store. Baseball pitchers use it.

jfusaro once bubbled...
I get baseball size bags from a sporting goods store. Baseball pitchers use it.

They use talc in the rosin bags? I dnd't know that.

Back
Top Bottom