Where to buy Zeagle Zena - near Pittsburgh, PA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allie Hutch

Registered
Reaction score
I checked the Zeagle website and it appears that the only shop that carries Zeagle is the shop closest to me where I got my certification from. The only problem with that is when I asked them about the Zena their response was "we do not recommend the Zena BC under any circumstances. It is fashion at the expense of function. The Stiletto is a much better BC and fits women just fine." The owner of the shop is a 70+ year old man and I'm pretty sure he has zero experience being a woman with 36D breasts and a small waist - so I'm not inclined to accept his analysis of what fits women just fine. I found him to be condescending and I am more than happy to not give him my business.

However, I don't want to purchase a BCD I haven't tried. I'm not sure the online retailers would be ok with me using something in the pool to try it out and then sending it back if I didn't like it. I've heard such great things from WOMEN that swear by the Zena - I'd really like to check it out. But if I can't find somewhere to do this through I guess I'll just have to go with brands that are carried by the other local shops.

Hi Allie,
I am one of the women divers with Zeagle. I have been diving for 15+ years and do both technical and recreational diving. I have used just about every kind of BCD out on the market, and know the importance of having a BCD that fits well. While some women can get away with wearing a man's BCD, I find that they never quite fit right. I find that a BCD cut for a women is ideal. The Zena is a BCD made just for women. It accommodates chests and hips comfortably. The multiple adjustments allow for a customized fit. The result is a BCD that is secure and comfortable. It doesn't ride up or slide around.

As far as helping you find a dealer near you...maybe you can send us a PM with your location so we can take a look? However, our online dealer locator is accurate. So, if you already looked there and didn't find something near you, then there probably isn't one. If your LDS is not helping you out, an online retailer might be your only option. I took a look at the return policy over at Scuba.com. It looks like you have 60 days to return it for a full refund if unused. If you decided to give it a go in the water, they will still take it back with a 75% credit. The Low Scuba.com Shipping Special

I hope this helps. I know I'm biased here, but the Zena is a great BCD and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks. Yea the only LDS listed on your online locator was the one that told me they won't sell the Zena because it sacrifices function for fashion.

I sent an email via your website and was able to get in touch with the MidAtlantic sales rep for Zeagle that put me in touch with a female owned shop that just started carrying Zeagle. Was still a 2 hour drive - but she took amazing care of me and really went out of her way. My Dive Shop in Morgantown WV if anyone is looking for a great dive shop. My Zena is now on order and should be in within a few weeks.

My wife bought her Zena online from Scubatoys. The Scubatoys guys used to be--and may still be for all I know--active on Scubaboard, and Scubatoys' customer service received a lot of praise in the comments. As I recall, they would spend time on the phone determining what size Zena components would fit best, and if something wasn't right, it was easily exchangeable. I haven't bought anything from Scubatoys in a while, but I thought they were great.

Definitely give ScubaToys a call with your measurement so they can custom build a Zena for you The owner of your LDS doesn't have a clue what he is talking about with the Zena. I have about 650 dives on mine and the BC is ALL about function. The "corset" design is about having 3 areas of adjustment to provide a custom fit for each woman's curves so once adjusted properly the BC never moves or shifts.

If you do get a Zena to try, please note that the middle strap is supposed to be AT your natural waist, below your rib cage. Too many ladies put the bottom strap at their waists, which doesn't allow for proper adjustment and usually results in a shifting BC. The "corset" will appear to be too low aesthetically, but the middle strap at your waist is correct.

Back
Top Bottom