Where to dive as side trip from NZ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iccohen

Reaction score
Hello All-

I will be in NZ in March, and my girlfriend and I are planning a side trip. I dive, she doesn't, so we're trying to find a happy medium. I was thinking Tahiti, but am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Steve

Hello Steve,
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
You don't need a side trip for good diving in New Zealand! :11:
Dive Tutukaka (and others) on the North Island offers trip to the Poor Knight Islands where you can have excellent diving. Trust me, I would go back in a heartbeat!

Laurens

Tahiti if you have stacks of cash, Bali if you want true magic.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Fiji Fiji Fiji...........pretty cheap airfare from Auckland.........only cost $1000 for airfare/hotel and food for a 5 day stay last time we did that "side trip"

Why not try Australia ... I've seen A$300ish return airfares and diving anywhere around Oz can be a magical experience. There's not just the Barrier Reef to go to. Fly into Brisbane and dive aroun there, Byron Bay a bit below. Or fly into Sydney and dive with weedy seadragons !

Loads more info on diving in Australia on www.underwater.com.au.

See you underwater ...

Tim

I agree with Laurens, There are loads of fabulous dive sites in NZ alone. The poor knights are great (although a little cold at the moment at 15 degrees C) and you can even dive the Wreck of the Waikato just down the road.

Even closer to Auckland is the Rainbow Warrior wreck, somewhere I have not dived before but WILL be doing so in two days :wink:

Save your money on airfares, do great NZ dives + have extra money for your missus to go shopping with whilst you dive!

Hi Steve,

Brisbane is only 2-3 hours flight from Auckland, NZ, and there's great diving at Moreton Bay Marine Park. Moreton Bay is just out of Brisbane, and there are lots of dive boats going out there.

Some great liveaboards too, and your girlfriend could go with you.

Brisbane is closer to Auckland, the planes fly straight from one city to the next, and from Brisbane to LA.

I have more here about a live aboard at Moreton Bay, if you're interested.

http://julieanne.powerfulintentions.com//blog/article/50

Back
Top Bottom