Where to dive in December (Hawaii vs Caribbean)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunshinecat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I'm starting to think about planning a dive trip during the first week of December. I only have a week off from work and am coming from California. I prefer warm water diving, have done somewhere around 25 dives and haven't been diving in a few years so consider myself a rusty diver and will likely have to do a refresher course before I start. I was thinking about going to Hawaii (either Kauai or Hawaii since I've already done Maui a couple of times) or somewhere in the Caribbean (Grand Cayman?), but I've been reading that the weather can be iffy during December (windy in the Caribbean, choppy seas in Hawaii). Any opinions on which location would give the best warm water, calm diving out of the options I mentioned, or is there another place I should consider given my short time frame?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom