Where to dive in Mexico in late Feb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"All cavern dives" are supposed to stick to those rules, including the major characteristic that separates "cavern" from cave: remaining within sight of some daylight. The problem is that, at least in the past, some have not stuck to all the rules. Not sure if you saw the sticky I linked to above. It's apparently the few that did not stick to the rules that have kept the guided cenote dives from having a perfect record.

Sadly there are always those operator in every area. Always a good idea to vet the dive shop you're dealing with. Thankfully there are plenty of safe and reputable operators taking divers into the cenotes.

If “The Pit” and “Angelita” are on your list... and you are comfortable with 120-130 feet and ok with some darkness - the Cenote Zapote/Hell’s Bells is crazy good. It will most likely blow your mind. Hahaha. Do a YouTube search. Epic.

Sounds incredible but at the most I can squeeze maybe 4-5 days of diving onto the end of this trip, unfortunately an extended liveaboard is not an option at the moment. It's on the bucket list, though.

If “The Pit” and “Angelita” are on your list... and you are comfortable with 120-130 feet and ok with some darkness - the Cenote Zapote/Hell’s Bells is crazy good. It will most likely blow your mind. Hahaha. Do a YouTube search. Epic.

That's gonna be a hard no... looks cool, though!

I'm leaning towards Cozumel. For me, the relative distance from Guadalajara of Coz vs Baja Sur is a non-issue. I live in California and Los Cabos is an easy direct flight - I'd rather save that for an October/Nov trip when conditions are optimal. Whereas Cozumel is a pain in the ass from the west coast - if I don't make it on this trip, who knows when I'd be able to get there. I'll see if I can include a day trip to the mainland for some easy cenote dives as well. Thanks, all, for the input!

Back
Top Bottom