where to dive in puerto rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n2clim

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to go to Puerto Rico at the end of March beginning of April. Staying in Guanica. Can anyone recommend a dive company or sites or where to go?? :confused:

We went to Guanica in December and stayed at the Copamarina Resort. They have a dive company there but weren't able to accommodate my schedule for checkout dives (I'm a newbie). I drove over to Playa Santa, an easy 25 minutes max from Guanica and went out with Island Scuba. Google that, they have a website, but SB won't let me post the URL here. Santos Martinez is the owner. He was great as well as was the DM Pedro Padilla.
I don't have much of a basis for comparison, but my impression was that they are good.
Beautiful area for sure. Have a great trip!

Parguera will be near you and is supposed to have some very nice wall diving though I didn't get a chance to do it when I was there. I did dive Desecheo Island out of Rincon with Taino Divers and it was awesome. It's about 12 miles out. Many have said it's the best diving in PR. Viz was at least 100' and the reefs there are very healthy. I'm definitely going to plan a return trip. Here is Taino Divers site. Since I haven't posted 5 times I can't enter a website. I have to type it as www dot tainodivers dot com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom