Where to find a new SP-350 on-line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tricia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Folks,

I've been looking at a new Oly and I read so many good things here about the SP-350 that I decided to buy one. But - I cannot find a known web retailer that stocks them! I've looked at Reef Photo, B&H, Adorama, etc., but no luck. Amazon advertizes it, but then refers you to some web sellers I've never heard of (ICHJ and Sharpdeals76). Other than relying on Amazon's guarantee, I'm stumped. :confused: Any ideas?

Thanks!
Trish

why get an obsolete camera?Do you have a housing for it? Look at Nikon p5100..good value for the $ and housings available from ikelite for ttl thru hot shoe on camera.

Fair question. I want an Oly because I have one now (an old 3040 Zoom) and it has done well by me for 6 years. I'm familiar with how an Oly works and I know for certain that my strobe will work with the Oly housing. (I will be flying in from Europe, picking up the camera and the housing at my parents' place, have a few days to practice and then I'm off diving in the Caribbean. Thus, it makes sense to "stick with the devil I know" :crafty:.

but thanks for the tip on the Nikon!

Trish

The SP-350 was discontinued around the 1st of the year. Shame, it's a good camera. (I have one) eBay doesn't even seem to have any. There was a link to a Foto-something store but they don't list their address or contact info anywhere except via an e-mail page so I'd be really careful about buying from them.

The available models are the SP-510, 550 and new(er) 560. The 550 and 560 have 3 Underwater modes, I don't think the 510 has any. All shoot RAW.

Downside of all three is they eliminated the hotshoe..

Circuit City has them all on their website.

If you find any, let me know. I would like to get a back-up camera for the one I have.
Thinking about picking up a SP-320 if I can't find a 350.
They use the same underwater cover.
Jim Breslin

One place that I know that sells them ( refurbished from Olympus ) is Kathy Church's photography studio on Grand Cayman. I saw a bunch of them in her shop in August.

She says that they are her favorite underwater camera and she snapped up a bunch when they were discontinued.

I bet you could contact her online. Her shop is set up at Sunset House.

Thanks to all for the info! I think I'm going to go through Amazon with its retailers that are selling the SP 350 new (they must have gotten the back stock before it got discontinued).

If you want, I'll keep you posted on when it arrives and how it goes. It's true that I've bought stuff through Amazon in the past and whenever I've had an issue, Amazon has been fantastic about taking care of it.

Trish

Used is okay if you're careful. Be sure and ask questions. I had a "like new" camera show up that looked as though it went to Everest and back in a can of marbles.

i suppose refurbished is better than used. the probelm 4 me is that i live in NZ so new or used i have to pay the same freight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom