Where to find info on tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have the bubble model - Mainly VPM or RGB (Based off VPM) or ZHL (Made by Buhlman)

PADI - Use Spencer model for compartments but have no deco and thus no bubble model

Just a couple of factual corrections...Buhlmann and bubble model don't go together. Buhlmann is a traditional dissolved gas model.

Also not being designed for deco has nothing to do with not being or having a bubble model.

Bubble models describe dual phase characteristics...dissolved gas and free phase (bubbles).

Traditional models (Haldane/Buhlmann) only describe dissolved gas characteristics.

What about Reduced Gradient Bubble Model (RGBM)? Are leaving it out of the discussion. It is not the same thing as VPM.

RGBM was formulated by Dr. Bruce Weinke and is based on work started by "David Yount (Varying Permeability Model, VPM) and Tom Kunkle (Surfactant Stabilized Model). Yet, while Yount’s work did begin to simplify the detailed physics of the gas nuclei, it didn’t quantify the formation and stabilization mechanisms for bubble seeds. An approach treating bubble nucleation, excitation and growth in tissue and blood is termed phase mechanics, because it focuses on bubbles and their interactions with dissolved gas in tissue and blood." Reduced Gradient Bubble Model - A Modern Decompression Algorithm Tim O’Leary

Freedvr, i did state that i was looking at VPM and RGB. I stated that RGB is based of research started with VPM not that they are the same.

I did no need to go into such detail and i have more than enough to keep me going now. I just needed to look at why, on the most basic of levels, the tables made by different companies/bodies give different bottom times and decompression times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom