Where to get OW cert in Cozumel or Playa Del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JUSTIN44

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
MY girlfriend and I are new to diving. We are planning a trip to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel in early September where we plan to finish our SCUBA certification. We are taking the classes in the states (Sea Stallion in Orange County) and plan to finish our ocean certification in Playa Del Carmen or Cozumel.

Can anyone provide dive-shop recommendations for either local? Also, any advice for a newbie is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi - check out Geofish Dive in Playa (here on the board), they are a good Playa del Carmen op, everyone I know that has dove with them has given excellent reviews. There is a LOT of choice here, and Cozumel too.

GeoFish is worth considering. I did my last Playa trip with Max and Morgan and was very satisfied (17 dives in 6 days with 4 in our group). If they are booked and not available the gang at Scuba Playa across the street are also very good. It may also depend on where you intend to stay..if you end up at a resort out of town you should check the on-premise dive op first (if they have one). If you go the condo route then most dive shops will be within walking distance. Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip.

Hi over on coz you will find dozens of shops. If you like to hang with a group of divers that love to teach you about diving as well as the island call Opal at scubamaucozumel.com. There are many great ops these guys are a lot of fun. Fast boats! Only six at most to group, for being new you would be spoiled with attention. Look them up on the forums and trip advisor and read the reviews. Have fun!

When will you be there?

I will be with Geofish from Sept 6th - 13th.

I have not dove with them before but they come highly recommended from my dive op here in PHX.

CX Divers is an SSI Intructor Training Facility in Playa del Carmen, we'll be happy to help. Playa del Carmen in a great place for shallow, relaxing dives. I'd start off there. Once in Cozumel you can try a drift diving or wall diving (not as deep). In any case let your dive operator know what you want, most will be able to accomodate you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom