Where to get trained as a DM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onefishtwofish

Registered
Reaction score
Hello from Paris,

In July I will have 2 months free to travel. I would like to use that time to get trained as a Divemaster. I presently have my Rescue certification.

So my question is this, where in the Mediterranean, Red Sea, or Black Sea is it the cheapest to get trained as a divemaster?

Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your help

I am in Thailand at the moment doing my IDC, there also several European guys doing their Dive Masters course here. The cost of living is cheap, we are on Koh Samui and this island is beautiful and fun!

Hi,

Maybe an option to consider (if you have 2 months time) is to check whether you can find a dive center that includes a free dm course when working with them for 1 or 2 months (do a search on "free divemaster" in google). This may be a great experience!

kind regards,

dimitri

Mediterranean you WILL be used as unpaid slave labour and its fairly normal for the course to take the entire summer season.

If you can cope with 12hr days, NO days off and no pay for potentially 6 months then consider the med.

Hiya OneFish...

Before you decide, you really should consider Thailand.

Thailand is definitely a great place to do an internship to become a divemaster.

Here at Aquanauts in Pattaya Beach, we offer all-inclusive DM internships of 2-3 months. During that time you get unlimited diving with most interns logging 100+ dives during that time. And it's not all the same type of dive in the same sites and the same conditions. We have 22 different sites in the area. Some deep, some not. Some with good viz, some not. We've got 3 wrecks, drift dives, wall dives and deep diving (for techies) up to 92 meters.

At Aquanauts, you work every single day with "real world" tourist customers. At larger "instructor factory" programs, you get pushed off onto "intern boats" and simply do practice scenarios on other interns. Our program is built on Personalized Training, so you work individually with IDC Staff and Master Instructors and our two in-house Course Directors.

The internship includes everything for one price: courses, books, new equipment, full private accommodations, all your PADI certification and testing fees, plus unlimited diving. And if you decide to go on to become an instructor, we also offer a written Guarantee that you will pass the Instructor Exam your first time or we pay for another exam for you. Finally, if you enroll early, you also get your choice of 3 sets of free bonus courses.

Finally, while you can do similar internships elsewhere, also consider your on-shore environment. If you're going to be in one place for 3 months, you need a certain level of modern conveniences and creature comforts that many places really can't offer. Pattaya is Thailand's 3rd largest city and offers such amenities as 2 world class hospitals, 2 deco chambers, 3 large shopping malls, 2 multiplexes, bowling alleys, a range of water sports, a full-on water park and more.

Full details on our program and our location are on our website at www.divinginstructortraining.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom