Where to go diving after coral bleaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmemch

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My family and I were planning a luxury diving vacation in Maldives for March 2017, combining Four Seasons Landaa and Anantara Khivah.

Now that the coral bleaching has ocurred I am having second thoughts.

Has anyone been to Maldives recently and let us know how bad things are?

And can anyone suggest good alternatives, we need a luxury hotel with a dive center so my familiy can spend the day without getting bored while I get my diving.

We went to the Maldives in January 2016. There was a moderate amount of bleaching. Not as bad as the Caribbean and still worth going to. Lots more macro life, not as much microlife.

We did a best of Maldives liveaboard in My 2016 ansd spent a week on the South Ari Atol. There was some bleaching , but many many areas where there was none. The fish life was as prolific as every. We are going back to the Maldives for our 20th wedding anniversary in December 2017 and hope to visit again and again.

Sounds great, I have just booked a week at Vakarufalhi so I am pleased to hear the diving and general condition of the coral is good. I don't suppose anyone can tell me if i'm likely to encounter whale sharks in early January?.

They are in South Ari Atol all year. As always try to plan as much time as you can in the area to maximize your chances of seeing one.

For travel enthusiasts Maldives is the best dive destination. And if you want to enjoy the diving then nothing will stop you getting unforgettable best diving experience in the Maldives.

And following are the luxury diving holiday spots in Maldives that make an unforgettable experience:

Fotteyo Kandu, Vaavu Atoll

Kuredu Express, Lhaviyani Atoll

Okobe Thila, North Male Atoll

Kandooma Thila, South Male Atoll

Broken Rock, South Ari Atoll

Kudarah Thila, South Ari Atoll

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom