Where to go for shallow beach snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_mike

New
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to take a trip to a beach destination for our first anniversary (in the end of May), and I'd like to know where is a good place for snorkeling. The requirement for my wife is that it is shallow - somewhere that she can touch the bottom while standing most of the time, and I want to be able to just walk from the resort to the water to snorkel. This will only be the second snorkel trip we have ever taken. Our first time snorkeling was during our honeymoon in Bora Bora which kinda spoiled my wife on the shallow thing. The has no interest in deep water snorkeling, so it has to be shallow or not at all.

We have thought about going to Jamaica, but from my understanding that is not a good place for shore snorkeling. I have also thought about Aruba and Hawaii, but I'm not sure where to go there. To be honest, the most important part of the trip is relaxing and enjoying the warm weather - snorkeling is really just a bonus (and more important to me than my wife).

If anyone can suggest a good location that has a nice resort, I'd greatly appreciate it.

We went to Aruba for our honeymoon and went on a snorkel/snuba trip and it was great. The third place we went (the cruise went to three places) was right up against the shore.

If you go on google maps and search Aruba and look at the north end of the island on the west side, you will see "Antilla Shipwreck". If you look between that point and Arashi Park, you will see two boats near shore. That's where we went and it was great. Keep in mind its the only place we have been snorkeling, but it was very nice.

If you are looking for an amazing place to vacation and you would like to go snorkeling for a little bit; that would be a good place to go.

P.S. The second location we went to on the cruise was the shipwreck and we did the "SNUBA" dive on it (which is a 20' hose that is attached to a SCUBA tank floating on a raft above you; like diving but you dont need to be certified, dont need equipment, and only get to go 20' down). That was one of the MOST spectacular things I have ever seen.

Aruba should be perfect for your purposes, Mike.

If you want more info about the island, just PM me with whatever questions you have.

If your interested in a place far from the tourist traps and the Disneyland atmosphere. I would recommend where I live. If your wife and yourself want a lay back with nothing to do but walk on the beach, snorkel in shallow water and explore. Eat fresh sea food. Get to know a real unspoiled by tourist local people. Then this is the place for you. If you want more Info then email me
Jeep2006@live.com.
Remember there is little to do here but be with each other and enjoy (In my opinion a real and last tropical paradise)

Back
Top Bottom