Where to go in May?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are looking for a good dive vacation in early May, we are coming from the midwest states. We will only have about 5 maybe 6 days of diving. We are AOW divers and have been a ton of places in the Caribbean so looking to venture out further.

We were originally looking at Maldives and hit South Ari Atoll and Huvadoo Atoll but our short time frame won't allow us to do both spots. So was then looking into Fiji (Savusavu/Taveuni) or Bali. We did Philippines last May and absolutely loved it (Anilao & Puerto Galera)...so is there somewhere else in Philippines we should look? Galapagos & Sipadan are on our bucket list but don't have the time this trip...unless anyone knows of good non-liveaboard diving in Galapagos.

Some of the things we are looking for...beautiful topside, nice resort, great diving, ability to see a few pelagics (sharks, turtles...etc) & macro too but doesn't have to be muck diving.

Anyone have any opinions on where we should go?

i dove in galapagos for a week i was in Puerto Ayoras. I use scuba iguana back than, there is like 3 dive shop on the islands (well 14 years ago)...

They will ask you to do a check out dive and perform mask removal and regulator recovery. Some of the dive where perform doing negative entry. In most case expect strong current and surge.

If you like i could give info on belize, honduras and mexico dove there plenty of time back in the days.

Cheers

Reactions: Doc
i dove in galapagos for a week i was in Puerto Ayoras. I use scuba iguana back than, there is like 3 dive shop on the islands (well 14 years ago)...

They will ask you to do a check out dive and perform mask removal and regulator recovery. Some of the dive where perform doing negative entry. In most case expect strong current and surge.

If you like i could give info on belize, honduras and mexico dove there plenty of time back in the days.

Cheers
thank you...looking for somewhere to see some different things from belize/honduras/mexico...

galapagos will do ! Never been but costa rica is apparently really good for diving.

Five or six days is a short stint to travel across the world. We just got back from Puerto Galera on Wednesday night (2am) and I'm not sure WHEN I'm going to be over the jet lag!!! Have you been to Dominica or St Lucia (trying to think more 'exotic' than the rest of the Caribbean!). :)

Five or six days is a short stint to travel across the world.
If it more than 6 hours flying away for only 5 or 6 days it is too far for me.
14 to 21 days minimum, then I would travel the distance 'across the world' .
My next trip is 15 days, and that is stretching it with the flight only 5-6 hours.

There is a good chance you are much younger than me though. :giggle:

If it more than 6 hours flying away for only 5 or 6 days it is too far for me.
14 to 21 days minimum, then I would travel the distance 'across the world' .
My next trip is 15 days, and that is stretching it with the flight only 5-6 hours.

There is a good chance you are much younger than me though. :giggle:
63 (64 in July) - and Roger just turned 70. It really feels harder with each passing year. After a 13 hour flight from Manila to LAX, then to DFW and then STL, going to Cozumel feels like 'commuting' distance!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom