Where to go next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always recommend Saba in the Lesser Antilles, near St. Maarten. Beautiful island, great people and excellent dives. There are lots of pinnacle and sea mount type dives at the AOW level. They are all within a few minutes (10-15 max) of the port. The island is relaxing and gorgeous. It has a lot of eco type hikes and diving only though. There are no beaches and little shopping. It is also off the main path of dive islands so it will be more unique. You will feel welcome from the moment you enter until you leave. Overall it is a great experience. Check out Sea Saba (Lynn) if interested.

I agree with packrat12 that Saba would be great for what you are looking for. Saba is known for its pinnacle diving, which means that you will be dropping to a pinnacle that is around 100 feet below the surface with sheer drops all around. If that doesn't appeal, the dive ops (and I second the recommendation for Sea Saba) will be happy to accommodate your desire to do dives with a bottom in sight. Not too tough, since viz around Saba is usually 60 - 100+ feet, depending on the time of year. And for one of the more unique topside activities, you can learn glass bead-making at JoBean's glass shop.

Larry

Most of the Grand Cayman boat moorings are deliberately at 60' or more since that's what people pay for - going down the wall to 100' with several thousand feet below.

My Grand Cayman diving was just two days on the East end but you could either go off the wall or westward over coral reefs. They ran both directions. Even for our wall dive we spent a fair chunk of time up on the reef and we were allowed to cruise around the reef longer for those of us who had good air consumption.

Sounds to me like you'd love Grenada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom