Where to mount a knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChicagoDVR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Scuba Pro Knight Hawk and was wondering where others mounted their dive knife. I have a few ideas but there isn't a ton of room.

Thanks...

I too have a knighthawk and I place mine on my left shoulder on the Velcro hose strap. Some might say it's a bad idea to have a knife near the hose, but you can find flaws with any setup. The point is, for me, I love it there, because it's very easy to grab it without looking for it. Although, when I return it to the sheath I tend to do so very carefully so as not to be careless and puncture my inflater hose.

fndmylove:
I too have a knighthawk and I place mine on my left shoulder on the Velcro hose strap. Some might say it's a bad idea to have a knife near the hose, but you can find flaws with any setup. The point is, for me, I love it there, because it's very easy to grab it without looking for it. Although, when I return it to the sheath I tend to do so very carefully so as not to be careless and puncture my inflater hose.

Bingo. Left shoulder, handle-down. Not only can I reach it quickly, but everyone I dive with carries their knives in the same place. Ditto for the local Public Safety divers.

I'm sure it will be happy there because that's where I have mine on my LadyHawk :D

I have a small knife....and i´ve never used it....so i am hing=king off let it at home...

tstormwarning:
I have my Remora knife on my LP inflator hose, no roblems, yet, but I've never had to use it.

I keep my Remora knife in my BC pocket. The "retention" mechanism that keeps the knife in the sheath isn't the strongest.... and I'm worried about losing the knife during a giant stride.

I've yet to use my knife also... maybe that's a good thing.

by knife tends to also be used as a pry bar...maybe thats why i got through them:)

Bethjd,
What dive shop you out of in Chicago?

Same place on my Scubapro BC, i've had to use it a few times, and it was kind of hard to put back in the sheath, but it was doable. It is easier than strapping one to your leg IMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom