Where to mount a knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy,

On my Knighthawk:

Got a small BC knife on LP hose
... got a small z-knife on top right shoulder velcro strap
... got EMT shears on bottom left shoulder strap, snugged down by belt.

Sometimes the belt loops on some sheaths won't quite fit over the shoulder strap fastek buckle for that postion snugged down by the belt (one of two z-kives and one of two EMT shears won't fit ...).

And because I won one here on Scubaboard (yay!), I'll often carry my SpyderCo Salt in my drysuit pocket when wreck diving in Lake Michigan.

All small, not in the way, easily reachable by either hand without contortions.

Might have something to do with the big, tangled ball of steel leader line a fellow diver pulled out of a wreck we dive frequently ...

Cheers,
W

I wondered what kind of knife you have and how you attached it as I had a small Tusa Knife with a clip that disappeared on the first dive after I purchased it - thanks!

tomgrogan:
I wondered what kind of knife you have and how you attached it as I had a small Tusa Knife with a clip that disappeared on the first dive after I purchased it - thanks!
I zipped tied my small knfe with the handle pointing down to my BC inflater hose. It stays put and I always know where it is. Even tho I have never used it underwater in 20 years of diving. Maybe one day:confused:

i have a normal size knife (not the smaller BC type) and i have it under my left integrated weight pocket, with the handle facing out. did that make sense?
it's tied down with two straps that would normally be used to strap to the thigh, but my thighs are thin and the knife kept slipping. now, it's out of the way, easy to get to, and no risk in cutting any hoses. :D

i keep mine on my left hip strap

since someone was talking about the knighthawk, one of my dive buddies keeps his on the right shoulder, handle down

Depends on the size, for my Giant orange shovel knife(6" blade) either tied handled down to BC or handle in front sideways on the belt(same as my hiking pack, and same knife so its easy)
if its the little wolfpup(1" blade) on my arm(easy to put back, easy to verify placement)
if its my Hideaway, just about anywhere I can throw a couple zap straps but usually on my bottom timer's wristband.
etc)

What abthe BC's with the rivet holes to mount a knife too. Where do you find the hardware to mount it? I was looking at knifes, but none of them came with the hardware.

SoCal, the Remora BC knife comes with a BC hose mount & a belt mount. Also, it probably could could be mounted with zip ties through those rivet holes. Leisure Pro and other sell the Remora.

Back
Top Bottom