Where to mount knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a BC that has grommets just so you can mount a knife. The knife is a Aeris and so is the bc. It came with screws so you can mount it to your bc. Just put the screws thru your grommets and it will screw to the knife's sheaf. if your bc has grommets. I have dove it a couple of years and it has held up real well. Also it you will have it at all times and you can store it with your bc. This way you will always have it.

I carried a nice folding Titanium knife in my Ranger right side BCD pocket. I needed something else in that pocket and now my knife sits on the bottom of the Atlantic. If you find it please let me know.

I carried a nice folding Titanium knife in my Ranger right side BCD pocket. I needed something else in that pocket and now my knife sits on the bottom of the Atlantic. If you find it please let me know.

Lanyards and bolt snaps are your equipment's best friends.:D

DoxaSub5000030.jpg

When personal diving, I have one On my BP/W i have a red titanium OMS Orange knife on my harness with a backup on my bicep. In my side pockets i have a line cutter. I know that it needs to move to my harness strap and it will get there one of these days.

On my teaching BCD, I have a yellow handled knife in the gromets to the BCD.

OK, so I went and got a Spyderco folding marine knife with a belt clip and lanyard hole.(:: Spyderco Product Details ::).

Any tips on where to clip it? I dive a Deep Sea Supply BP/W w/ Hog harness. I'd like to find a convenient way to clip it somewhere that will allow a lanyard to be used. I paid too darn much for this knife to donate it to Davey Jones.

Thanks,
DS

OK, so I went and got a Spyderco folding marine knife with a belt clip and lanyard hole.(:: Spyderco Product Details ::).

Any tips on where to clip it? I dive a Deep Sea Supply BP/W w/ Hog harness. I'd like to find a convenient way to clip it somewhere that will allow a lanyard to be used. I paid too darn much for this knife to donate it to Davey Jones.

Thanks,
DS

Should have gone with the Halcyon Titanium Knife!! Less money, Come w/Sheath, Won't rust, Mounts to waist on 2 inch webbing, Nice and clean, No dangly's!
Halcyon Titanium Knife 10.060.007 *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Thanks,
DS
You can clip it to your belt and run a lanyard/bolt snap to one of your side D-rings.

Should have gone with the Halcyon Titanium Knife!! Less money, Come w/Sheath, Won't rust, Mounts to waist on 2 inch webbing, Nice and clean, No dangly's!
Halcyon Titanium Knife 10.060.007 *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

The H-1 steel on the Spyderco will not rust either. Halcyon makes some good stuff, but as far as knives go, sorry but I'll take a knife made by a real knife company instead of a BCD company that subcontracted the knife out from somebody else.

I have a fold up titanium... clips onto my bc on the right shoulder. Lanyard is connected to dring on my bc. stays out of the way... and if truly an emergency, I could cut the lanyard.

Inside right calf where I can reach it with either hand, it's protected from snagging anything, it's well away from any other objects so I can put my hand straight on it and it's well away from anything sensitive if I do need to draw it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom