Where to rent equipment? Ka'anapali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Will be on Maui the 26 through the 31st and staying over in Ka'anapali. Where is an ok place to rent gear? Will I have to head down to Lahaina?

Jeff

Somebody in another thread recently mentioned that the Maui Dive Shop in Ka'anapali does not rent dive gear - which is in line with their listing on the chart merxlin linked to.
I've been to the Kahana Gateway shop - they do.

Somebody in another thread recently mentioned that the Maui Dive Shop in Ka'anapali does not rent dive gear - which is in line with their listing on the chart merxlin linked to.
I've been to the Kahana Gateway shop - they do.

Steve's right. I misread the chart. Kahana is just a few minutes north.

I rented tanks and weights from the Kahana store. Don't forget a dive flag when shore diving.

Thanks and the Kanaha location is really close to where I am staying. Thanks. What's the water temp in January? I knew I will need something but will a 3mm do? I will be bringing my own gloves and boots.

Jeff

Thanks and the Kanaha location is really close to where I am staying. Thanks. What's the water temp in January? I knew I will need something but will a 3mm do? I will be bringing my own gloves and boots.

Jeff

I typically wear a 3 mil unless doing several dives a day. I'd leave the gloves, you really shouldn't need them and helps the "no touch" philosophy. Most fins rented out are full foot so you may not need boots either. You might call in advance and see if you can reserve gear ahead of time. It is a busy time of year and you'd hate to have to use whatever is left.

The water was 74-75 degrees 10 days ago when we were there, so use that as your guide. Personally I wear a 5mm full suit with a Lavacore shirt layered underneath.

The Maui Dive Shop location at Kaanapali has lots of everything you could want to rent, and it is of good quality. I think their prices are ok. They are very reasonable for air, lead and dive flags, which is all I have ever rented from them.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom