Where to Rent Large Steel Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't want heavy cylinders in the ocean. I do dive steel cylinders, but I keep it to LP85s which are light enough I can swim them to the surface if I needed to. They also have plenty of volume, I can comfortably do a 25 minute dive at 200' with them.

Deco cylinders I'm using AL40s in the ocean. Works pretty well too.

Hi,

I am on the verge of purchasing a set of double steel tanks to continue my new tech diving adventures. So far I have used double ALU 80s, LP 95s, and HP 100s, which I have rented from various local dive shops. I am now seriously considering purchasing larger tanks, and am thinking about either HP 117s, 120s, or even 133s. Before I buy I would like to rent and try them out (to see how terrible they feel on my back!).

So does anyone know anywhere in Florida (preferably central but I don't mind driving), that rents these larger steel doubles?

Thanks in advance!
Hello. I have two Faber L.P. 95's (Gray.) Brand new. 1 Left-handed valve, 1 Right-handed valve. Valves, and tanks O2 cleaned, currently filled with "Nitrox." w/ Highland tank bands. (They have "Never." seen water, the bands are still in the box. I was going to set up "Indies." You'd have to buy a manifold, if, that's your preference. I could probably set you up for short money. At this point, I just want them gone. I'm not sure on the price yet, I may post them on here.
Edit; The valves are Blue Steel.
Cheers.
Faber L.P. 95.jpg

Hello. I have two Faber L.P. 95's (Gray.) Brand new. 1 Left-handed valve, 1 Right-handed valve. Valves... You'd have to buy a manifold, if, that's your preference. I could probably set you up for short money. At this point, I just want them gone. I'm not sure on the price yet...

If you like these, I may have an extra thermo manifold for cheap - I'll check.

I'm in Clermont. I have previously rented from Dayo Scuba in Orlando and from Scuba West in Hudson. I drive close to Daytona often though so thanks for the Spruce Creek suggestion!

Nice. I'm moving back to Orlando this fall after being away in Ohio the last eight years. Would be down to do a dive at some point if you're interested.

That would be great! Let me know when you are back in the area and we can plan some diving.

Like I said before I am happy to dive pretty much anywhere there is water!

To follow up on points made by @Billy Northrup and @kensuf, what kind of diving are you planning on doing in the future? For me, I can make a 200' dive with a set of LP 85s (overfilled) or double 100s and have plenty of gas reserve. That's pretty much where I've settled with my diving. If I were planning to do deeper stuff where I needed additional gas, I'd start thinking about rebreathers. Maybe you're a really strong guy, but for me, trying to climb a boat ladder with double 133's would be plain stupid.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom